Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
larryq22's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, June 12th, 2013 12:16 PM

How to switch from prepaid to monthly plan

I have a Samsung gophone with AT&T.  I would like to switch from using prepaid cards to a monthly unlimited plan.

1. Is this possible?

2. Is there a service fee for switching?

3. Is there a minimum contract length?

4. How do I do it?

Thanks,

Larry ... Lexington, KY

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, it is possible for you to switch from a prepaid GoPhone plan to a postpaid month-to-month plan. There's no commitment, unless you want to sign a new two-year contract. There's no minimum contract length if you don't want to establish a new one. Keep in mind that you will have to bring your own device, assuming you're going to use your current Samsung GoPhone.

The best way to do this is to go into an AT&T store and explain what you would like to do. The employee(s) there shouldn't have a problem switching your service from prepaid to postpaid month-to-month. You should also be able to keep the same phone number. 🙂

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I want to change (Gophone to a monthly plan). I went to a store and was told that he could not do. I can do?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Just to be clear...

You want to switch from your current prepaid GoPhone plan to a monthly postpaid/contract plan? Or you would like to switch your current GoPhone plan to a monthly GoPhone plan?

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

10 years ago

1. Absolutely, of course, you can.
2. No. It is free.
3.No contract requires, unless you want to get a discounted device from AT&T.
4. Go to local AT&T store, the retail sale consultant will take care of the rest.

Good luck!

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

Hey larryq22,

Keep in mind the unlimited part of the plan only applies to Talk & Text, not data.

-Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.