Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Inuyasha's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 4:41 PM

How to keep my account alive?

I have a few questions about how to keep my Gophone account alive.

1.If I have like $300 in my gophone account. There is a 90-day expiration date of my balance.  And I choose a $45 per month plan.     Will my account be gone while i kept using this plan? 

I wonder the expiration date is renewed by a refill or buying a new monthly plan?

2. I plan to go out of US for three months.  So I don't want to pay for the monthly plan during my vacation.   How can I keep my account alive?     Will a refill help?  Will a pay by day plan help?

Thanks!

Jason

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Inuyasha The balance on your account will expire on the expiration date regardless of what plan you are on. You can extend the expiration of your existing balance by putting more money on the account. A $10-$24 refill expires in 30 days, $25-$99 expires in 90 days, $100 or higher expires in a year. So, say your existing $300 expires Aug 1st. If you refilled with $25 on Aug 1, that $25 plus the existing $300 would then expire 90 days from Aug 1. Your account stays active as long as you have a positive balance. Your account is cancelled if you have a $0 balance for more than 60 days after service expires. Yes, you can switch to either the $2/day or $0.25/minute plan while you are gone to avoid any charges. The trick is knowing when to add money to keep from losing the balance. If you were to add $100 before you left, you would then have 9 months to use that balance when you got back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.