Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
pintham's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, May 7th, 2017 8:11 AM

How to keep GoPlan active for 4-5 months?

Hi, I am an international student that would be going home for the summer from May to September. Since, I would be returning in the Fall for college, I would like to keep my number. I have switched off autopay for the month of May as I would be leaving on the 8th. How do I keep my plan active for the remainder of the summer?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

When you leave, switch to pay per use plan ($2 per day or 25 cents per minute) then refill with $100.  

This holds a number for 365 days.

That balance is usable when you return and change to a monthly plan again.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

To add to the above, when you return do not turn autopay on until your account balance is used up. If you re-enable autopay, your account balance won't be used to renew.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, 

Thanks for your replies!

I would just like to ask, if I switch over to the 2$ per day, my rollover data would be lost, I have currently about 9GB of rollover data. Could I just refill the 100$ and not switch?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

There is no way you have 9 gigs of rollover on Gophone plan.    No you cannot save both rollover is only good for one month.

If you don't switch plans, your refill will be used up and wasted in 2 bill periods, and your rollover is still gone.  

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am currently using the 45$ monthly plan, and I do have 9.3GB of rollover data. Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 3.36.22 PM.png

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@pintham No, you have 4.1 GB of rollover data. That 4.1 from last month added to your 6GB for this month gave you 10.1GB, and you now have 9.3GB left.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Ah!! I see okay, that makes so much sense. So just to recap, I would just change my account to the 2$ a day plan, and refill 100$ before I leave the country, and I'm good to go? So when I return, I'll make sure to finish that 100$ before turning autopay on again?

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Yes, you got it.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

When you leave, switch to pay per use plan ($2 per day or 25 cents per minute) then refill with $100.  

This holds a number for 365 days.

That balance is usable when you return and change to a monthly plan again.  

So when they get back:

They can tap into that $100 to pay for THREE $30 months? 

OR do they have to do $2 a day until the $100 is gone?

I'm making sure that that the $100 IS the "balance" (if they started with $0).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.