Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Julesgantt's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 3:59 AM

How do I get the PUK code for my GoPhone?

I need PUK code for gophone. My brand new phone is locked up and I can't get  in Help,!!!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

GoPhone accounts will not be able to retrieve the PUK online from myAT&T.

You will need to contact Customer Service by dialing 611 from your wireless phone or 1-800-901-9878 (Pay As You Go) or 1-866-499-7888 (Pick Your Plan) from a landline phone.

Here's a link to the article with this information: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB92584

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

What happens if your gophone is your only phone and it is locked? How do you call then? Do I just throw my phone away along with what I just paid to use it? I contacted the live chat at AT&T but was told I'm not a customer because I just have a gophone and try a retail store. I don't have a car and to get to the retail store would cost me more then my monthly gophone payment. Am I less of a person or customer to AT&T because I can only afford a gophone? Seems like it to me.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I am sorry that you are in such dire circumstances. Do you have access to another phone that you can use? Perhaps a friend or relative will allow you to use their phone for a few minutes. 

You are welcome to send private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. They will request a number to contact you but if you do not have one, please let them know. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I've sent AT&T customer care 3 emails already wit no response. If I had family and if they had phones don't you think I would have called with their phone instead of going through all of this? Seriously, what is it with AT&T treating people with gophones like their a lesser class of people?
I guess I'm going to have to throw away this useless phone and walk to the store to pay another $45 of money I don't have for another phone. Thanks AT&T you really know how to stick it to the little guy.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I see that you send your first private message to ATTCustomerCare at about 8PM last night. 

Please give them some time to respond. It is not necessary to send multiple messages. They will help. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

While I will admit that GoPhone customers receive very limited support, all you need [had] to do was call customer service and they could have taken care of you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

It isa. Weekend and i dont have a car or anything. I need my phone's sim card unlocked andc coustomer serviceisc is closwd but i need a puk code. HElP ME!!!!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Just wait a couple of hours until they open in the morning. You should be able to give them a call, then.

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

11 years ago

Youll have to call customer service for your puk code, be sure to write down la last four digit of your sim to verify that its the correct sim thay are going to provide you with the code,
-and down put anything on that codes cause ten unsucessfull attemps on that puk will make you simlock , if that happens nothing can be done on the sim and will need replacement

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I feel the same way. I just think its rediculous that a phone payment is as much as a car note they are out of their minds. But I have to keep At&t because my father doesnt even know how to text and I can at least not run up all of his minutes. Its just obsurd the way the are treating the economically smarter customersIII

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.