Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
AJHawk's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, December 15th, 2011 3:13 PM

Help with Process of setting up phones

Here is my situation.

I have an old Pantech phone that has not been in use.

I have a new sim card I purchased online.

What is the process for getting this phone up and running on the $25/mo. prepaid plan?

Since this phone hasn't been in use...there is currently no phone number attached to it...is recieving a number for it

a part of the setup process with the sim card activiation and selecting the prepaid plan?

I just need help how to get started with this. Am I beginning online by somehow selecting a plan first?...or with inserting the sim card?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

I activated a prepaid SIM card for my sister recently, so this stuff is pretty drilled into my head.

First, you will need to visit this link to activate your new SIM: https://www.wireless.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPhoneLanding.do?method=activatePayGo During the activation process, you will need to enter the number of your SIM card (begins with 8901) and your Pantech phone's IMEI number, which is most likely located under the battery of your phone, printed on a paper-like material.

Once you have completed those steps, you will need to set up the account by listing it in your name, address, e-mail, etc. After that, you should be able to choose a rate plan -- in your case, the $25/monthly plan. Review everything you've entered so that everything matches, and the information will process.

When finished, you will get a new phone number that will be assigned to your account. Place the newly-activated SIM into your phone, add money to your account, and you may then begin using your phone.

If you run into any questions, feel free to comment. Good luck. 🙂

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for this!

The process worked flawlessly for setting up 2 phones!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

You are most certainly welcome. Glad to help. 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.