GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

Contributor

GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

[ Edited ]

I got a regular sized sim card when I got my gophone plan, but now I will be using a new phone that needs the mini sim card.

How do I switch my regular sized sim card for a mini sim card? I remember being told that I can switch to a mini sim card for free, but was not told how. Is there a way to do this without having to visit an at&t store?

Thanks a lot!

Message 1 of 4 (19,878 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Guru
Solution
Accepted by topic author cielgrue
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: GoPhone: switch to micro sim card

[ Edited ]

Visiting a store will make sure the SIM is working before you even get out.
You can get a Micro Sim cutter online for a few bucks and DIY.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (19,840 Views)
Employee
Solution
Accepted by topic author cielgrue
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

You should stop into a local company store to get a new SIM card.

You can buy a SIM cutter and adapters online, but should be careful using the adapters as I have saw in my stores the adapters or cut SIM's getting stuck in user's devices and damaging the SIM slot.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (19,834 Views)
Contributor

So I should buy a new Sim card
Message 4 of 4 (922 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.