Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jereeves's profile

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

Saturday, April 30th, 2016 8:50 PM

GoPhone plan switching back and forth between $2 a day and $40 a month plans

I go through multiple time periods each year where I need or do not need phone and data service on my gophone. I was looking at a plan switching strategy to save money while the phone was inactive.

1. When changing back and forth between a daily priced gophone plan ($2) and a monthy priced plan ($40), what is the minimum number of days the plan is in effect?

2. Are monthly plan rates, prorated based on the number of days they are in effect? Exanple: Would I be charged $20 for 15 days (1/2 month) on the $40 a month plan?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Monthly plans are 30 days, no proration on plans is possible.  I don't know much about the $2 per day plan, but you are charged only when you use the phone.  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

Changing rate plan. https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1040985

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

I also see that on the $40 a month plan, that unused data is rolled over at the end of the month. Would unused data be rolled over to my $2 a day plan if I switched at the end of 30 days.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Nope.   If you change plans you lose the rollover.  That's any change, from any plan.  

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

8 years ago

when they hop from plan to plan. there's no prorations you loose the month that you paid for so it's best to wait and get your moneys worth.. because you will loose it.. when i went from the 30.00 a month plan to the 45.00 i lost what was left of the 30.00 a month plan. i waited so it didn't matter to me!! i don't know if you'll loose your data but knowing go phone or any other pre paid service you'll loose your data

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

8 years ago

When you plan your strategy to switch out of a monthly plan, is it always exactly 30 days or if you jump in on the 5th of the month, are your charged again on the 5th next month, etc?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

It's 30 days.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.