Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Ann154's profile

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 3:14 PM

GoPhone SIM card kits

Can a person just get a GoPhone SIM card for either the 25 monthly plan or the other prepaid smartphone plans available from AT&T? If so, where can these be purchased? This would be paired with an unlocked GSM phone purchased elsewhere.

Thanks.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

10 years ago

You can do that at any corporate AT&T store. It'll likely be free if you sign up for a plan and/or put some credit on it.

Alternatively you can buy a SIM at Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-GoPhone-Sim-Card/22700044
http://www.walmart.com/ip/AT-T-GoPhone-Nano-SIM-Card-with-Standard-and-Micro-SIM-Adapters/30224233

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

10 years ago

dmapr is correct. Most people choose to do the in-store route. In the past, however, I have purchased several SIM cards from eBay and Amazon for fewer than $3-4 and activated them myself. I didn't mind activating them at all - the process was fairly simple and I knew what was going on the whole time. 🙂

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

You can go to any corporate AT&T store,sign up and get the SIM card for free.

Or you can go to CVS,Walgreens etc etc to pick up a SIM card Kit for US$9.99 + tax and DIY.

By the way, I had replace/renew my SIM card a few time @ corporate AT&T store a few times last year for free.

Mentor

• 

55 Messages

10 years ago

This isn't exactly true, using the store locator and the terms mentioned there:

http://www.att.com/maps/store-locator.html

Be aware that if you go to an AT&T store that is an AT&T Authorized Retailer you will have to pay for the GoPhone SIM there. 

If you go to an actual AT&T Company Store then the SIM you will get for free when signing up for GoPhone. 

I wish I knew the difference when I signed up, would have gotten better service and a free SIM. There might be some exceptions but in general this is the difference between the two stores that both have the giant AT&T logo outside and seem like they might be the same thing when you see them from the street. 

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Max,

Sometime you better make a phone call to ask them before you walk in.
 I still remember having some bad experience at some AT&T Authorized Retailer  !!!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks all for your replies. I think I will probably get the SIM kit from Walmart since the AT&T store are some distance from where I live.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

When you purchase a brand new sim card. Do you need to put some balance on it when you activate it? I only need one to get updates on my at&the unlocked s6. Help someone please

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.