Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
S0UR_CRACK3R5's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 11:33 PM

GoPhone Data Feature Package?

What does the GoPhone data feature package do? What are the advantages of it? Once I tried to download a game demo for my phone and I didn't have a data feature package so it cost me $7.00 to download a free demo. So if I get a data feature package will the free download actually be free to download as long as I have data remaining?

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

You'll just have to think about your potential usage of data. 🙂

If you would only use data for an occasional content download, the 1 MB plan would probably be sufficient.  The demo game you previously downloaded was apparently about 700 kBs.  But if you think you would use data more if you had a package and felt more free to utilize the service, then the 100 MB for $20 is certainly the better value.  The additional benefit of purchasing it is that as long as you renew with a data package prior to the feature's expiration date, you will receive rollover of the unused data allotment - so you can work that to your advantage if you generally use more than 1 MB of data per month, but less than 100 MB's.  Purchase the 100 MB, and then keep renewing in subsequent months by purchasing 1 MB ($5) and use down the remaining allotment from the 100 MB plan.  (I've done this with messaging for a long time now, and it works well for me.)

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

Yes, if you purchase a data feature package you will be able to utilize e-mail, browse on your phone, or download content without incurring data usage fees. 

I believe on a prepaid basis, the pay per use data usage fee is still $0.01 per kB (approx. $10/MB), so if you are going to use data at all you really should purchase at least the 1MB package. 🙂

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

13 years ago

Do you think the 100MB is worththe $20.00?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@hme83 wrote:

You'll just have to think about your potential usage of data. 🙂

If you would only use data for an occasional content download, the 1 MB plan would probably be sufficient.  The demo game you previously downloaded was apparently about 700 kBs.  But if you think you would use data more if you had a package and felt more free to utilize the service, then the 100 MB for $20 is certainly the better value.  The additional benefit of purchasing it is that as long as you renew with a data package prior to the feature's expiration date, you will receive rollover of the unused data allotment - so you can work that to your advantage if you generally use more than 1 MB of data per month, but less than 100 MB's.  Purchase the 100 MB, and then keep renewing in subsequent months by purchasing 1 MB ($5) and use down the remaining allotment from the 100 MB plan.  (I've done this with messaging for a long time now, and it works well for me.)

Thank you, hme83. I did not know that data rolled-over if you replenished your account before the package expired.

That's some good stuff to know. 🙂

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

You're welcome!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.