Go phone sim card

Go phone sim card

Hey! I have a go phone already, that I purchased in sept. of last year and I was wondering a)if my go-phone sim card ever expires?? and b)can I buy a new go-phone and just put my old sim card into it??

If this helps, I already have an lg prime and am wanting to upgrade to an lg thrive!!

Message 1 of 15 (7,198 Views)
Highlighted
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author ne1ws2om8e
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Go phone sim card

Your GoPhone SIM card will not expire as long as you keep your phone in service by refilling your account every so often. Yes, you can purchase a LG Thrive and easily transfer your existing SIM card into the new phone and have it work perfectly. Smiley Happy Before you do the SIM switch, I would recommend saving all of your contacts to your SIM card (if you already haven't) so that you don't have to manually type each and every entry in individually. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 15 (7,191 Views)

thank yah! another question, would it be alright if i just purchased the phone from amazon.com to save like $30?? or would it not work right..lol

Message 3 of 15 (7,185 Views)
Master

That's fine, there wouldn't be a difference. As long as it's unlocked you should be good to go.

Message 4 of 15 (7,178 Views)

thanks so much!(:

Message 5 of 15 (7,166 Views)
Master

You're welcome. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 15 (7,158 Views)
Contributor

Hi!
I have a similar question, I would like to purchase A go phone, and I plan to use it in another country. Most likely with a different SIM card, would I be able to do that?
Message 7 of 15 (3,982 Views)
ACE - Guru

No!!!!!! It don't work!!!! All Gophone are Sim locked with AT&T .

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 15 (3,971 Views)
Master

The only way you could use a GoPhone in a different country would be if the phone was unlocked. AT&T does not sell unlocked phones right out of the box.

Message 9 of 15 (3,902 Views)

I bought a go phone in 2008. I have no used it since then. Did my sim card expire? 

If it did, can i buy a new one for the old phone?

Thank you!

Message 10 of 15 (1,190 Views)
Master

@ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPho...

@ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPhone account since 2008, your SIM card has expired. You do have the option to obtain a new one to use with the same phone. You will likely be assigned a new phone number. If you take a trip to a local AT&T corporate store (not authorized retailer) in your area, the employee(s) there will likely give you one for free if you add money to your account while you are still in-store. Good luck!

Message 11 of 15 (1,134 Views)

Re: @ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPho...

Thank you!

Message 12 of 15 (1,105 Views)
Contributor

Re: @ingridonce Unfortunately, if you have no used your GoPho...

so you can no longer use the old phone number? can it be reactivated so that the old numbers stays? thanks

Message 13 of 15 (1,077 Views)
Master

@ingridonce You are welcome. :-)

@ingridonce You are welcome. :-)

Message 14 of 15 (1,071 Views)
Master

@hearlessbig45 Unfortunately, no, you cannot. Once a SIM...

@hearlessbig45 Unfortunately, no, you cannot. Once a SIM card is deactivated due to dormancy, the account balance, account information, and phone number are also cancelled as well. The phone number then gets recycled into a pool so that it can be assigned to another individual. Once a SIM card is deactivated, the phone number cannot be reinstated unless acted upon quickly, usually before the number can be assigned to someone else.

Message 15 of 15 (1,064 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.