Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
user99's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, July 20th, 2011 11:16 PM

Go Phone customer service?

I tried to call up several times on the numerous "care" numbers---all the time it asked me to enter my cell number multiple times. Then there was no way to talk to a customer representative.All the numbers I tried were actually connected to the same AVR system. Its kind a geeting fooled by them.

The Virtual Support also sucks as it does not recognise any question I asked and the responses were all out of way.

ATT customer care really sucks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

From 611 after the recording says more options, or number 4 on the keypad,  and starts to read off the list I hit 0 to get customer service.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to talk to a ATT customer rep by phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

The link given on top this page to connect to the Tech rep also does not work.

On entering the mobile number and passcode it gets redirected to the Account info page. I am getting fed up of this now...

Does any one know a better service provider!

Your Session is about to time out. To continue, please click here.
Session Times Out In :

GoPhone Account Login Redirect 

GoPhone Customers: Please choose the link below to access your GoPhone account.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

I had suspected that you were using a GoPhone. 😉 Yes, I can agree with you, AT&T's GoPhone customers are left out in the dark for support. It's so much more difficult to contact them versus a postpaid customer trying to reach them.

You can, in fact, be transferred to a live customer representative by dialing 611 from your GoPhone. Just keep repeating 'customer service' at every automated voice prompt and the system will eventuay give up and transfer you to a CS rep.

Another somewhat easier alternative is to contact AT&T customer service from a landline phone. The number is 1-800-331-0500.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Thank you Wild Banchi for your suggestion.

I cannot find the "customer service'option in 611. There are totally 4 options- Add Money, Features, Acc Balance, More Options.

More options = Rate Plan, Auto Pay, Refill History, Voice mail passwd, FAQ

No where I can see a way to talk to customer rep about technical support.

It SUCKS.

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

@user99 wrote:

I cannot find the "customer service'option in 611. There are totally 4 options- Add Money, Features, Acc Balance, More Options.

It SUCKS.

It seems that you spoke the words, "Customer Service" over and over again when you heard voiced questions but you got nothing.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

Newbie, Yes finally I got through the customer service using '0' option.

Actually I was not using voice but dialled keypad to give my option---after entering wrong number a few times it mentioned about the '0' option, thats how I got through.

They should mention about '0' option in the main menu or atleast under the More options.

Anyhow thanks to everyone for their useful suggestions.

Guru

• 

3K Messages

13 years ago

Yeah I sorta stumbled upon the 0 option myself by just messing around. Anyway glad I could help!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@user99 wrote:

It SUCKS.

You're welcome.

Right, to get through, repeating 'customer service' after every voice prompt would have connected you to a live rep. The system would have given up and transferred you. Anyway, glad that you were able to contact them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do these guys stay in business.  Every single part of their support sucks.  

- Phone support is so bad it has to be intentional

--good luck getting through

--then you have to endure unlimited prompts and redirections

--if you figure out the double secret way of getting through you can be on hold forever.

--Then you are talking to somebody in Asia who will tie you up forever with stupid never ending boiler plate questions

-After an hour or so you maybe able to create a trouble ticket which could take more than a day to resolve.  You have to keep calling or dialing in to escalate it with any hope of getting a solution.   Short of a miracle you will never see a support technician.

-you'll have to endure hours of AT&T water torture designed to get you to hang up.  It is a repeating message every 15 seconds - 2 bars of computer music followed by a message telling you that you can go on-line to report the problem.

--Then if you go on-line you will discover that the trouble system rarely works.  If you do make it through the matrix there are any number of things that blow you up.  Super secret codes required, expired log in's, etc.

- Did I mention that you will commonly be on-hold for an hour or more and then the call gets dropped for no reason.

I have been trying to report an outage for the past 2 hrs and 45 minutes and I have yet to get through to a person or automated system where I can report my problem.

Incredibly bad support at ALL levels (by the way it took almost 12 months of non-stop calls to get my new system set up properly and another 6 months to get the billing sorted out.  These guys have wasted countless hours of my life.  I f..cking hate AT&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.