Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Kyoko5075's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 18th, 2013 12:52 AM

Go Phone compatibility with the 10 cent/minute plan

So I have the 10 cent/minute plan with an add on text package. I reallly like it cuz I only text and this way I pay only $25 every two months.  I really don't want to switch plans, because it works well for me.  Also my parents woon't pay for data for me and I really don't see a need for it.  My question is regarding phone compatability.  I used to have an LG Neon which I dropped and broke.  I wanted to replace it but they don't make them anymore.  So I was thinking of the Neon II (GW370 or Rumour plus) which I can get through LG and it says it is AT&T compatible.  I was wondering if I could use it.  The guy at the AT&T store said I could put my sim card in pretty much any phone and use it but I wanted to know if I could do that and keep my plan.  I'd really appreciate it.  I like slider phones and there aren't any slider gophones offered anymore online. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you can definitely use a Neon II with your GoPhone plan. I almost forgot that they made a successor for the original Neon. 😛

The guy at the AT&T store was correct. Essentially, you could insert your SIM card into any AT&T branded or compatible unlocked phone and no changes to your plan, account balance, phone number, etc. would be made. Everything would stay the same. The only difference is that you would be using a different phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Okay, thanks! That's good to hear. Smiley Happy 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, it is.

You're welcome! Enjoy your new phone! 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.