Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
EMYLOU's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 20th, 2014 11:38 AM

Data usage,charges...

I am "trying out" the $40 gophone plan (am a previous Verizon unlimited everything contract customer)    with unlimited text, 500 talk, 500mgb..or that is what it says it is.

Ok, is my 500mg being deducted everytime my phone switches itself from my home wifi to Gophone 3g,

and if so, if I am not online googling or whatever, is the 500 deducted regardless?

When it automatically goes 3G, is the Navigator using the 500mgb?

Everytime I make a call I have to listen to ATT blahblah---does that charge as minutes used?

The Terms of Use is longer than my college final exams, so any help is appreciated.

(how can an ATT employee respond here, but still have a disclaimer....)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

10 years ago

Data is only deducted when the phone uses data. Switching back and forth from wifi to 3g does not use any data.

Depending on what apps you have downloaed, some apps use data regularly even if you are not using the phone for any other purpose.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

10 years ago

Text messages and calls from AT&T do not count.
you may have settings in your phones cellular data section that help restrict the use of cellular data. settings that restrict updates and other high data use from using your mobile data.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.