Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
JhZhang's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 1:52 PM

Added $100 to account but balance still will expire in 3 months

I'm travelling abroad for 4 months and I don't want to abandon my account. I added 25 dollars and the system says it will expire on 8/22 2017. Then I tried to turn on the autopay, the system collected 25 dollars from my credit card and told me that autopay submission is failed, plus no balance has been added to my account. I heard someone says if I have 100 dollars in my account, the expiration date will extend a whole calendar year so I added another 75 dollars to my account. And oops, my account still expires on 8/22 2017. It turns out I paid 125 dollars for 100 dollars of balance with an never extended 3 month expiration date. It is really frustrating and I'm wondering who can help me to solve this twisted problem.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

You will need to call customer service to see if they can help resolve.  The one year extension is $100 all at once.  If you are going to due multiple payments on the same day, you need to have customer service manually adjust the date.  So when you got the $25 added, it added 3 months from today - same with the $75.  So you need to get in touch with customer service and see if they can extend the date for you.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@JhZhang I was under the impression it was $100 paid at once gives you a year.

Not a $100 balance. 

Otherwise every time you got a few dollars under $100 you could just push it back over and you'd be good for another year...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.