Activating / recharging Prepaid gophone account from Australia

Contributor

Activating / recharging Prepaid gophone account from Australia

G'day,

I am trying to set up a prepaid gophone account, for a friend who is going to the US in a few days.

I have succeeded in activating the account, however when I went to "pay as you go" login. I got this.

"Because this is the first time you have logged into Pay As You Go Online, a new password has been sent to your phone via SMS. This new password is required to access your online account.
When you have received the SMS with the new password, enter it in the field to the right."

However I did not receive the sms message with the password.

What is my best option to proceed with adding credit to the account?

Thanking you

Shirrelle

Message 1 of 3 (1,744 Views)
Highlighted
Master
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shirrelle
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Activating / recharging Prepaid gophone account from Australia

It is very likely that you did not receive the SMS message because you are in Australia, and AT&T does not have any towers there, or any type roaming.

In your case, since you cannot log in to the account to register a credit or debit card on file, I would suggest perhaps purchasing an AT&T GoPhone Pay As You Go refill card from eBay or Amazon and adding the PIN number on the back of the card to the new account you have just set up. Try dialing *888*PIN# per instructed on the back of the card. If that does not work, you can try dialing 800-331-0500 to add money to the account. I hope this not end up proving to be too expensive or time consuming for you.

Hope this helps!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 3 (1,705 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: Activating / recharging Prepaid gophone account from Australia

As Wild Banchi say above.
This is the only way you can set up the account as soon as you arrived in USA.
You cannot do it in Australia. 
The 1 800 331 0500 toll free number also only work in North America.
Or wait till you arrived in USA, go to any Corp.AT&T store and ask for help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (1,681 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support