Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Holly...'s profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 7:33 PM

Account Cancelation and Balance Expiration Dates did not change. Please help

I've had my phone (galaxy s4 which I turned prepaid) since May 5th. I added $60 to my account late last month, the money came out today and I'm good on that end until July 3rd. Today when my account renewed I noticed that my account balance expiration date and my account cancelation dates did NOT change. They are stuck on 8-20-14 and 10-19-2014. What's going on? I thought both of those dates would be extended once my refill completed. Should I call customer service for help?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Balance expiration dates start from the refill date (in this case 90 days) and not the plan renewal date (which has its own expiration date in 30 days), so the dates in OP's post look correct.

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Nevermind my issue has been dealt with. I don't know how to delete this topic or I would. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Holly... wrote:

Nevermind my issue has been dealt with. I don't know how to delete this topic or I would. 

How was the problem resolved? Someone else might have the same issue.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@ATTDmitriyCM wrote:

Balance expiration dates start from the refill date (in this case 90 days) and not the plan renewal date (which has its own expiration date in 30 days), so the dates in OPs post look correct.

Dmitriy

OK, so OP refilled his/her account on 5/20. That makes sense. 

Thanks @ATTDmitriyCM !

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I called customer service yesterday and was told the same info above. This is my first go phone so I didn't understand how the dates worked. Thanks for the replies.

Scholar

• 

312 Messages

10 years ago

i got my go phone a few days ago and my phones reading 11-02-14. that can be really miss leading making a user thinking that they have more time than they truly do!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi Dmitriy, 

How did ATT solve the wrong (embazling funds by charging 3-4 days extra fee every month) renewal dates? The legal contract document mentions a "monthly" service and not 30 days period.

ATT never gave a credit or extention in renewal date for March billing when there are only 28 days in February. Where did those two days disappeared? 

In a one year service ATT gets 5 to 7 days fees stolen from customers by using a customized accounting system not approved by FCC or any legal entity. The poor customer reps are slave to reading ATT's policy scripts 

ATT's legal team is always ready to prove that Wrong is Right for making money. Our society has turned into playing with words(double meanings in English) as a big business to win your dream including Presidency of USA.  

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Read sections 3, 4 and 5.   https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html

1.   You have no contract, that's how prepaid works.

2.   While the term "monthly" is used, the documentation has always been for 30 day periods.

3.   No legal team required.   

image.png

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.