Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
sdladybug87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 11th, 2016 6:05 AM

ATT Vesta charge

I was inquiring as to why I have recieved two charges for $67 and some change on my credit card? It shows as being from ATT Vesta. This card isn't even listed as a payment option on my account and my payment isn't due to go through til 5/14. Also, my payments ar $40 since I have a Go plan. I have reported this a fraudulent activity to my credit card but would like a response from ATT.

Thank you

S. [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @sdladybug87! 

Thank you for reaching out to AT&T Community Forums! This is not an experience that AT&T would want anyone to have and we would like the opportunity to make it right for you!

We would like for you to reach out to us so we can resolve this issue for you as soon as possible. Please click here and send us a private message with your full name and the best contact number where we can reach out to you at your earliest convenience.
We look forward to hearing from you and getting this matter resolved!
-JP, AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been trying to resolve this issue for 7 months. Both att and vesta claim the other party is at fault, but my card statement proves otherwise. Additionally, we have had multiple fraud alerts from chase during this time, and new cards issued. To make this more interesting I was on a contract for years with att, on automatic payments, on September 9, 2016 my phone service stopped after paying my bill. When I went to use the phone I was directed to 'go', and told I had no minutes. I went to several att stores in hopes of resolving this, each time I was assured it was, than was charged for the canceled contract line, and the 'go' line. I decided to stay on the 'go' plan, and search for a better provider. Please resolve this issue before I am forced to take further action, thanks. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

We also have an at&t vesta charge on our account for $42.58. We have no clue what its for and on our statement it says recurring charge. Our bill is high enough without you taking more money from us that we never authorized and have no clue what vesta even is!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Dear Vesta ATT

I have not had an account with ATT  for more than  5 months and yet  you are  charging my account for a phone I have not used since  last year.

IN ADDITION THIS UNEXPECTED CHARGE HAS CAUSED AN OVERDRAFT IN MY BANK ACCOUNT FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE OF $36 ~!

I have explained the fraudulent charge to my bank and they have stated they will refund the  fee if you refund the fraudulent charge.

You have only  check your records to see whatever my phone service was at the time i originally gave you my card  has not been used for at lest  the past 5 months!

I was living in Colorado at the time of this service :

Kim [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Denver CO 80222

U S Bank Debit card  was charged on Aug 21 for  $40. for NOTHING !

i HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN IN THE U.S. FOR THE LAST 4 MONTHS. 

I have  also alerted the fraud division of my bank about this.

Kim

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@kIMLANE This is a customer to customer forum, not customer support. It is also very possible the charge is not even from ATT. There is a well known scam where charges look like they are from ATT but are not. Regardless, posting here won't get any charges reversed. If the charges really are from ATT, you need to contact customer support directly.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

@kIMLANE

Best option is to replace the card because it's receiving charges you don't want.  

In the future, you have to turn off Auto pay before you leave service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Australian visitor who purchased a US SIM from AT&T:

I bought a AT&T sim card from their store in Market Street San Francisco ... believed I bought the following:
Sim card for 1 month/approx 16G for USD45.-(middle price bracket) - charged USD 75.95 (I presume incl US taxes)
That the Direct TV Now was FREE - charged USD10 

WHAT I HAVE BEEN CHARGED:
SIM Card charge USD75.95 (presume incl of US taxes based on USD65.00 card)

DIRECT TV Charge USD10.00

AND CHARGED -  VESTA AT&T USD47.86

What is this VESTA AT&T charge? Never mentioned at AT&T point of purchase

I shall challenge the VESTA CHARGE. I should also challenge the AT&T two charges, as they were not what I purchased. 

VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT THESE CHARGES

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am from Australia and have the exact same experience. And I rang directTV they said they can’t do anything regarding the refund. 

I tried calling at and t and all I had was automated message response I can’t even get to talk to a real person. 

This is more or less representing a very bad impression of your company and your country  for someone who is visiting. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.