Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
UnhappyEx's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 30th, 2016 4:21 PM

AT&T is Useless

We got a bill from AT&T for a month's cell service on a prepaid account AFTER the phone was canceled, even though AT&T agreed that we didn't owe it. I wound up paying it to be rid of AT&T (I spent around 8 to 10 hours on the phone with around a half a dozen people and was told repeatedly not to worry, it would be taken care of). The last conversation after we got a bill threatening to turn it over to a collection agency was that we would have to drive to the next town and pay it in person.

I will not use AT&T again.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

8 years ago

Not possible because there are no bills on a prepaid line. This was for something that was postpaid.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Yeah.  I call Troll.  

If you had a POSTPAID account, you always owe for a full final months service, which would be billed after you ported your numbers out or canceled a line.  

If you are having a problem canceling a line because your account is closed, please forward your information to @ATTMobilityCare with all your account information and ask for help.   Porting a number out automatically cancels a line of service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.