Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Wednesday, September 29th, 2010 10:08 AM

A $25 card = ?? minutes???

This may be a stupid question but I was wondering how many MINUTES a $25 prepaid card gives you??? I understand, on a GoPhone, it shows you your dollar amount of time. Does anyone know what $25 would be equal to in MINUTES??

TIA!! I'm a little confused about this. 🙂

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

14 years ago

It depends on what type of prepaid plan you have.

If you have the $1/day plan with 10 cent minutes like I do, you could use 240 minutes in one day which is 240 X 10 cents = $24, plus the $1 fee for that day. Or you could use one minute each day for 22 days which would cost $24.20. So it depends on how many minutes AND how many days.

If you have the $.25 Simple Plan which has no daily fee you'd get 100 minutes for $25.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

14 years ago

Thank you. I believe this is the Simple Plan. You've made this less confusing and answered my question. 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

14 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:
Thank you. I believe this is the Simple Plan. You've made this less confusing and answered my question. 🙂

Yes, that's the right amount for the Simple Plan. I also use the Simple Plan, but I only have about twenty minutes of talk time, because $19.99 of the $25.00 goes towards Unlimited Messaging. 😛

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

14 years ago

Oh boy...well, this was a GoPhone that my dad currently has that he has given to my brother. He has over $100 in money on it and he keeps adding to it when he has to just so he doesn't lose what he has on it but never uses the thing. So, he gave it to him..he will get more use out of it. My dad has gotten himself a free phone from Safelink that he gets 74 or so free minutes every month. That's good enough for him. LOL!!

It was a little confusing trying to figure out the $$ compared to minutes. I suppose having accumulated over $100 on it will give him QUITE a few minutes....around 400 or so. My brother will not only use it for voice calls but for Texting, as well.

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

14 years ago

@DogDaddy wrote:

It depends on what type of prepaid plan you have.

If you have the $1/day plan with 10 cent minutes like I do, you could use 240 minutes in one day which is 240 X 10 cents = $24, plus the $1 fee for that day. Or you could use one minute each day for 22 days which would cost $24.20. So it depends on how many minutes AND how many days.

If you have the $.25 Simple Plan which has no daily fee you'd get 100 minutes for $25.

Great news, Dcookie! AT&T has recently modified its Simple Plan from $.25 a minute to just TEN cents per minute! Now, instead of getting just 100 minutes for $25.00, you can get 250 for the same exact price!* That's more than double!

*Depending on if you switch from the $.25 cent plan to the $.10 plan.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

14 years ago

Thank you Wild Banchi. I'll have to have him look into that. 🙂

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

14 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

You're welcome. It will be very cost-effective, for me.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

14 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

I suppose so. Actually I'm NOT quite sure what plan my dad has but I DO know he does NOT pay the dollar a day. All he does is buy the $25 card when he has to add minutes. Now, my question is, do I just assume he will get 250 minutes for the $25 card or does he have to ASK someone about the 10cents a minute plan??

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

14 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

I suppose so. Actually I'm NOT quite sure what plan my dad has but I DO know he does NOT pay the dollar a day. All he does is buy the $25 card when he has to add minutes. Now, my question is, do I just assume he will get 250 minutes for the $25 card or does he have to ASK someone about the 10cents a minute plan??

He can dial 611 from his prepaid phone, and request to be switched to the $.10 a minute plan. After he is switched to the new plan, he will receive the 250 minutes.

If he does not change his plan, he will continue to only get 100 minutes or so.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

14 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@Dcookie wrote:

He can dial 611 from his prepaid phone, and request to be switched to the $.10 a minute plan. After he is switched to the new plan, he will receive the 250 minutes.

If he does not change his plan, he will continue to only get 100 minutes or so.

Thank you SOOO much Wild Banchi. These prepaid things are greek to me. I'm on a plan so that is why I do not know too much about them. 😉

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.