Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Sensei21's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, October 25th, 2012 6:22 PM

$.70 911 charge?

I have been using the GoPhone for over a year, and it has been nothing but a pain in the bneck since. Last month alone, you magically removed over 100 of my minutes, and now this time you seem to have taken out $.70 for a 911 call I never made!!! Why would there be a fee for that anyways, when I already PAY FOR MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That YOU took out -__-
MY plan renews today, I want me refund. I want my account back up to $25 so it will roll over nicely, then I'm most likely dropping ATT for a more reliable service.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

By the sound of it the $0.70 is the monthly 911 fee assessed to everyone even on postpaid service, you can confirm that by checking your online account for where the $0.70 was deducted. http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/gophoneE911.jsp

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Next time, take your SIM out before making the 911 call.  Maybe that's the way to avoid the charge.

pb

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

So we aren't told of this fee, then get charged for it on a GoPhone that will only renew if it has the EXACT amount in the account? Oh, it wouldn't be an issue if I could just put $.70 inside the account, but I can't! I can only add a minumum of $10.00. I'm done with you AT&T, you've screwed my account over so many times.

Unless they allow you to add to your account only what's missing, i.e. the .70 i needed, then I'm done with this bull.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

11 years ago

unfortunately all wireless carriers have fee's and charges that apply to prepaid services in the same way as well unfortunately. They are not announced either unless all the terms and conditions are reviewed unfortunately.

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

11 years ago

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we aren't told of this fee, then get charged for it on a GoPhone that will only renew if it has the EXACT amount in the account? Oh, it wouldn't be an issue if I could just put $.70 inside the account, but I can't! I can only add a minumum of $10.00. I'm done with you AT&T, you've screwed my account over so many times.

Unless they allow you to add to your account only what's missing, i.e. the .70 i needed, then I'm done with this bull.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a state or local tax,  I live in California and their is no tax on prepay with AT&T. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.