$.70 911 charge?

Contributor

$.70 911 charge?

[ Edited ]

I have been using the GoPhone for over a year, and it has been nothing but a pain in the bneck since. Last month alone, you magically removed over 100 of my minutes, and now this time you seem to have taken out $.70 for a 911 call I never made!!! Why would there be a fee for that anyways, when I already PAY FOR MINUTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That YOU took out -__-
MY plan renews today, I want me refund. I want my account back up to $25 so it will roll over nicely, then I'm most likely dropping ATT for a more reliable service.

Message 1 of 7 (1,714 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: I want my $.70 refund NOW.

By the sound of it the $0.70 is the monthly 911 fee assessed to everyone even on postpaid service, you can confirm that by checking your online account for where the $0.70 was deducted. http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/gophoneE911.jsp
Message 2 of 7 (1,662 Views)
Contributor

Next time, take your SIM out before making the 911 call.  Maybe that's the way to avoid the charge.

pb

Message 3 of 7 (1,645 Views)
Former Employee
Solution
Accepted by ATTDmitriyCM (Community Manager)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

It's not a 911 call, it's a 911 fee charged by the state.

Message 4 of 7 (1,639 Views)
Contributor

So we aren't told of this fee, then get charged for it on a GoPhone that will only renew if it has the EXACT amount in the account? Oh, it wouldn't be an issue if I could just put $.70 inside the account, but I can't! I can only add a minumum of $10.00. I'm done with you AT&T, you've screwed my account over so many times.

Unless they allow you to add to your account only what's missing, i.e. the .70 i needed, then I'm done with this bull.

Message 5 of 7 (1,627 Views)
Expert

unfortunately all wireless carriers have fee's and charges that apply to prepaid services in the same way as well unfortunately. They are not announced either unless all the terms and conditions are reviewed unfortunately.
Message 6 of 7 (1,618 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So we aren't told of this fee, then get charged for it on a GoPhone that will only renew if it has the EXACT amount in the account? Oh, it wouldn't be an issue if I could just put $.70 inside the account, but I can't! I can only add a minumum of $10.00. I'm done with you AT&T, you've screwed my account over so many times.

Unless they allow you to add to your account only what's missing, i.e. the .70 i needed, then I'm done with this bull.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a state or local tax,  I live in California and their is no tax on prepay with AT&T. 

Message 7 of 7 (1,543 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.