Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
greekio's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 21st, 2017 11:41 PM

$2 daily GoPhone questions...

Hey, I'm new to this forum. Anyways, I had a pressing question that may keep me away from buying the $2 daily package. I am an infrequent phone user (sorry AT&T :p) and was wondering "If I do not use phone and texting services AT ALL one day, do I still get billed $2?" Also, regarding the 100 MB data passes, "If I purchase a data package but do not use phone and texting services AT ALL that same day, do I still get billed $2?" Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@greekio $2 is only on the days you take/make calls or respond to texts.

I asked the data question before and the answer was (if I recall correctly) you can't do the daily data if you don't have the daily $2 charge. 

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

7 years ago

Yes!!

As @Gary L say, no $2 charge,no use for the day.

But if you use your phone on 23:59 Central time and carry over to 0:01 Central time

next day,you will get the $2 billed twice.($4)

You cannot use data without the $2 daily charge.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

It is my understanding that you get charged $2 for any texts and calls you initiate.

It is also my understanding that you can use the data portion without the $2 charge if you are not using texts and calls.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

cctraderx is telling me i can use data without paying the $2 fee and going straight to the $1...?

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

OP, that is my understanding.  It's $2 to check and see what happens. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

I believe @adidaskid808 and @Gary L are correct. Using data will incur the daily $2 charge which is why it is very important to turn cellular data off when not intentionally using data as your smartphone will use data if allowed.

Guru

• 

561 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe so, but I read it that the $2 is charged as follows, not on data use - I could be wrong.

• $2 per day charged only on days phone is used to make or receive a voice call (including call to voice mailbox) or send a text, picture, video or sound message.
  • Talk: Unlimited talk includes nationwide calling .Minutes intended for domestic use only.
  • Messaging: includes unlimited text, picture, and video messaging within the U.S. and from the U.S. to Mexico, Canada, and over 100 counties. See countries at att.com/gophoneintltext.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Is there any way I can contact AT&T directly for a 100% clear response?

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@greekio I think it's kinda clear from the chart that you need to be using the $2 a day plan to use the features in the chart (including data).Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 11.54.38 PM.png

You don't have the talk or text unless you pay the $2 and I'd say the same thing goes for the data.

Is there any way I can contact AT&T directly for a 100% clear response?

Do you want clear or do you want accurate?

You can call 5 times and get 5 different answers on this.

You can try it for $3 max ($1 if it's the way you want it) and really know for sure...

FYI, it really bothers me that the items on this page are footnoted up to 10 but the footnotes go up to six!

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

On the desktop, I see a chat button on the page. Give it a shot, it just went black on me, maybe because it's Midnight?

1 Attachment

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@greekio @cctraderx

See what I mean, I asked this guy twice and got two answers from the same guy!Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 12.05.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 12.09.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 12.10.21 AM.png

3 Attachments

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.