Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
eufonist's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 8:05 PM

14 days visit with internet access

Hello,

in April I will be again in Florida for 14 days. I'ld like to use my German cell phone which is a Samsung S3 without a net lock. I'm looking for a plan for phone calls and internet access. 100 MB would be fine for that time, maybe even 50 MB. I wouldn't do many phone calls during that time but these would be within the states.

The next time I might visit the states again might be one year later so I can't use a contract.

I've read about the plans but I'm unsure what that means. They are valid for 30 days. Ok. And then? Do I have to cancel whatever or does it automatically stop when I don't refill my deposit?

Which plan would suit to me?

Regards,

Stefan

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi eufonist, 

I would recommend you look into our GoPhone options. The plans for a smartphone is either $40 or $60 a month. The $40 would give you 500 minutes in the US, unlimited text and 200MB of data. The $60 would give you Unlimited Talk and Text and 2GB of data. We also have a great add on feature for $5 that would give you 250 minutes to call overseas. Although the plans last for 30 days, if you don't refill the account it will automatically cancel out for you with no additonal charges. 

You can find out more information about our GoPhone plans Here.

Your S3 should work fine here in the US. Keep in mind that once you activate service on the device you may need to manually program the APN settings into your device to work on AT&T's network.

You can find the APN settings Here

I would also recommend that you activate service at a Company owned AT&T store. They do not charge for a SIM card when you activate in store. You can find the closest store Here

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Stefan,

If you use up all your data, it will simply stop getting Internet access. You can always purchase more either at the store or by phone with a credit card. And you'll be able to check your data balance at any time by dialing *777*#3.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hi,

thank you for your information. I was always unsure if a 30 days plan canceles itself if no longer used. Thank you for clarifying this. Last year in May I visited two or three AT&T stores in NY and they couldn't answer that question.

In April I will be in Florida as I said before and I am familiar with the location. We have relatives there and so I already know the store in that town. They are always very helpful!

Regards,

Stefan

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

It is a good thought, because billed service does not automatically stop, where gophone service does.

Here are the plans: https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

It's hard to decide whether the $25 plan + one or two $5/50mb, or just the straight $40 would be better.

-Alex

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

one more question: what if I take the 25$ plan plus 5$/50 MB and I used all of the 50 MB before I fly back. Can't I simply use the internet any longer or do I suddenly pay the high rate for internet access? Do I get a warning before I hit the 50 MB? How can I by more debit for internet access?

Ok, that were more than one question. 🙂

Stefan

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

10 years ago

Hello,

my mother-in-law came up with another question. Texting is included within the US and 100 more countries. Is Germany one of these countries?

Regards,
Stefan

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Stefan,

Germany is included, please see this page for details:

International Text Included with Select GoPhone® Rate Plans

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.