Wireless Forums

Posted Dec 5, 2012
8:03:08 AM
XBox Live connection problem with UVerse

I need assistance please. We are having a problem playing on XBox Live. We can get on the internet through the game but the minute we try to plsay it kicks us off the internet and tells us connection lost and to sign in again. It does not give an error.

I have spent 16 hours total with a number of people between AT&T and Connect Tech. We have opened ports, given permission to the game, created a specific user ect. You name it we have tried it. We even had AT&T open the firewall on the 2 wire and it still would not work.

I am at a loss and my son is not a happy person right now as you can imagine! We switched to UVerse from DSL and ever since he has not been able to play any online games.

Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!

SC

I need assistance please. We are having a problem playing on XBox Live. We can get on the internet through the game but the minute we try to plsay it kicks us off the internet and tells us connection lost and to sign in again. It does not give an error.

I have spent 16 hours total with a number of people between AT&T and Connect Tech. We have opened ports, given permission to the game, created a specific user ect. You name it we have tried it. We even had AT&T open the firewall on the 2 wire and it still would not work.

I am at a loss and my son is not a happy person right now as you can imagine! We switched to UVerse from DSL and ever since he has not been able to play any online games.

SC

XBox Live connection problem with UVerse

20 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(20)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 5:22:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

scochran3820 wrote:

SC

How are you connecting Xbox to your gateway (2WIRE), wired or wireless?

How were you connecting when you had your DSL?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

scochran3820 wrote:

SC

How are you connecting Xbox to your gateway (2WIRE), wired or wireless?

How were you connecting when you had your DSL?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: XBox Live connection problem with UVerse

2 of 21 (10,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 6:56:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

We are connecting it on a wired connection and it is the exact same as when we had the DSL.

We are connecting it on a wired connection and it is the exact same as when we had the DSL.

3 of 21 (10,043 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 4:50:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

scochran3820 wrote:

Ok, let's see if we figure out where the problem is.

Please download and install this program http://www.uvrealtime.com/dl/UVRT.exe 

The program can check you gateway and internet connection for problems. After installing the program you can paste screenshots here of the IP/Profile, Error Table, and Bitloading tabs and we should be able to determine if you've got gateway or line issues.

neon_sign.jpg

scochran3820 wrote:

Ok, let's see if we figure out where the problem is.

Please download and install this program http://www.uvrealtime.com/dl/UVRT.exe 

The program can check you gateway and internet connection for problems. After installing the program you can paste screenshots here of the IP/Profile, Error Table, and Bitloading tabs and we should be able to determine if you've got gateway or line issues.

neon_sign.jpg

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 21 (10,029 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 8:59:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

We are hard wired to an active network wall outlet. This is the same way we had DSL hooked up. I have talked with AT&T and they don't knoew what to think either.

Any suggestions would be great.

We are hard wired to an active network wall outlet. This is the same way we had DSL hooked up. I have talked with AT&T and they don't knoew what to think either.

Any suggestions would be great.

5 of 21 (10,028 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:03:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

I'm going to have to use another computer. Let me see if I can grap one of the kids if not I may have to try this tomorrow.

I'm going to have to use another computer. Let me see if I can grap one of the kids if not I may have to try this tomorrow.

6 of 21 (10,027 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:46:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have tried to install the program but it keeps giving me an error saying I have a newer version of the Microsoft Visual C

I have tried to install the program but it keeps giving me an error saying I have a newer version of the Microsoft Visual C

7 of 21 (10,021 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2012 9:48:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

I tried to install the program you sent but it keeps giving an error saying I have a newer version of the MicrosoftVisual  C

I tried to install the program you sent but it keeps giving an error saying I have a newer version of the MicrosoftVisual  C

8 of 21 (10,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 7:24:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

scochran3820 wrote:

Let me see if I can get the author of the program to chime in on that error.

neon_sign.jpg

scochran3820 wrote:

Let me see if I can get the author of the program to chime in on that error.

neon_sign.jpg

9 of 21 (10,011 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 7, 2012 7:50:15 AM
(0)
Expert
You can correct this installation error by doing the following:

1. Go to the Programs and Features control panel (Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP)
2. Remove the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime v10.0.xxxx".
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Attempt to install UV Realtime again, it will reinstall this component.

The issue is with Microsoft's installer -- the installation fails if the currently installed build number is higher than what's being installed.

You only need to remove that one specific component. You do not need to remove any of the 2005/2008 versions, nor any of the x64 versions (if installed on your system).
You can correct this installation error by doing the following:

1. Go to the Programs and Features control panel (Add/Remove Programs in Windows XP)
2. Remove the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Runtime v10.0.xxxx".
3. Reboot the computer.
4. Attempt to install UV Realtime again, it will reinstall this component.

The issue is with Microsoft's installer -- the installation fails if the currently installed build number is higher than what's being installed.

You only need to remove that one specific component. You do not need to remove any of the 2005/2008 versions, nor any of the x64 versions (if installed on your system).

10 of 21 (10,009 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2012 11:17:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

I finally was able to get some time to download the software and run some diagnostics. Here are the screen shots.

Please let me know what you think. I tried connecting the Xbox directly to the 2Wire with the eithernet cable and we still got kicked off the game as soon as we tried to connect.

Thanks,

Sue

ErrorTable-2012-12-09-13-06-01.png

Bitloading-2012-12-09-12-55-52.png

I finally was able to get some time to download the software and run some diagnostics. Here are the screen shots.

Please let me know what you think. I tried connecting the Xbox directly to the 2Wire with the eithernet cable and we still got kicked off the game as soon as we tried to connect.

Thanks,

Sue

Bitloading-2012-12-09-12-55-52.png

11 of 21 (9,968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2012 12:45:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ok first off you will need to allow the system to run about 24 hours before posting the error tables as it looks like you just rebooted the modem/gateway and these screenshots only have about an hours worth of data.

Your bitloading does look like you have some line issues.

Can you please post a screenshot of the IP/Profile tab?

neon_sign.jpg

Ok first off you will need to allow the system to run about 24 hours before posting the error tables as it looks like you just rebooted the modem/gateway and these screenshots only have about an hours worth of data.

Your bitloading does look like you have some line issues.

Can you please post a screenshot of the IP/Profile tab?

neon_sign.jpg

12 of 21 (9,960 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2012 5:37:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

Stats-2012-12-09-18-48-34.png

Stats-2012-12-09-18-48-34.png

13 of 21 (9,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2012 6:00:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Well, your IP/Profile actually looks good, but as I mentioned earlier your bitloading does not. You have some major interference in the download band 2 in the 6.35 MHz to 7.08 MHz range. This looks like you might have a bridge tap because the size of the gap and it's frequency range does not match AM, FM or Ham radio (other common causes of interference).

Do you have any other issues with your internet besides the Xbox?

Did they do any rewiring when they converted you to Uverse like moving ethernet cables around or putting new connectors on the ethernet cables? It's possible the messed up the line feeding the plug where the Xbox is connected.

Can you run an ethernet cable to a different jack to see if the Xbox still exhibits the problem?

Are there any other devices that use the same ethernet connector as the Xbox. If not have you tried connecting another device to the Xbox's connector to see if there are problems?

neon_sign.jpg

Well, your IP/Profile actually looks good, but as I mentioned earlier your bitloading does not. You have some major interference in the download band 2 in the 6.35 MHz to 7.08 MHz range. This looks like you might have a bridge tap because the size of the gap and it's frequency range does not match AM, FM or Ham radio (other common causes of interference).

Do you have any other issues with your internet besides the Xbox?

Did they do any rewiring when they converted you to Uverse like moving ethernet cables around or putting new connectors on the ethernet cables? It's possible the messed up the line feeding the plug where the Xbox is connected.

Can you run an ethernet cable to a different jack to see if the Xbox still exhibits the problem?

Are there any other devices that use the same ethernet connector as the Xbox. If not have you tried connecting another device to the Xbox's connector to see if there are problems?

neon_sign.jpg

14 of 21 (9,925 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 5:19:10 PM
(0)
Tutor

The tier 2 support at AT&T has sent us another 2wire to try. I thought I would go ahead and resend you screen shots since more time has gone by from the first set I sent you. I wanted to send them before I make any changes to our network setup. The last set I sent to you I had reset the 2wire about an hour before I sent them so this should give you more acurate data.

Let me know what you think about this group. Thanks S

Stats-2012-12-12-19-16-56.png

ErrorTable-2012-12-12-18-54-32 3.png

Bitloading-2012-12-12-18-54-15 3.png

The tier 2 support at AT&T has sent us another 2wire to try. I thought I would go ahead and resend you screen shots since more time has gone by from the first set I sent you. I wanted to send them before I make any changes to our network setup. The last set I sent to you I had reset the 2wire about an hour before I sent them so this should give you more acurate data.

Let me know what you think about this group. Thanks S

Stats-2012-12-12-19-16-56.png

ErrorTable-2012-12-12-18-54-32 3.png

Bitloading-2012-12-12-18-54-15 3.png

15 of 21 (9,872 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 5:40:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Well, your Error table and IP/Profile still looks good. The Bitloading still does not. I think though that you would be seeing issues with your other devices. Have you tried getting a differrent connection to the Xbox yet? Does the Xbox have wireless by any chance?

neon_sign.jpg

Well, your Error table and IP/Profile still looks good. The Bitloading still does not. I think though that you would be seeing issues with your other devices. Have you tried getting a differrent connection to the Xbox yet? Does the Xbox have wireless by any chance?

neon_sign.jpg

16 of 21 (9,866 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 6:14:25 PM
(0)
Tutor

We moved the XBox to another room and still had the same issue. I even connected it directly to the moden with no change.

I work from home and I have been having intermittent problems with my connection but I just thought it is because I have an old laptop. It acts like it cannot connect even though I know it is connected. I constantly have to refresh it to get the information back n the page.

You asked before if they did any wiring upon install and they did. They moved our modem to a different room and changed some setting on the wall as well as in the garage at our main wiring access for the house. If you think it might be a connecting issue via the wiring what are my options? I do have a Connect Tech account.

Thanks for your help.

S

We moved the XBox to another room and still had the same issue. I even connected it directly to the moden with no change.

I work from home and I have been having intermittent problems with my connection but I just thought it is because I have an old laptop. It acts like it cannot connect even though I know it is connected. I constantly have to refresh it to get the information back n the page.

You asked before if they did any wiring upon install and they did. They moved our modem to a different room and changed some setting on the wall as well as in the garage at our main wiring access for the house. If you think it might be a connecting issue via the wiring what are my options? I do have a Connect Tech account.

Thanks for your help.

S

17 of 21 (9,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2012 6:15:35 PM
(0)
Tutor
Sorry I forgot to tell you that we do not have the wireless adapter on the XBox
Sorry I forgot to tell you that we do not have the wireless adapter on the XBox

18 of 21 (9,861 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2012 4:30:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

scochran3820 wrote:

Thanks for your help.

S

How old is your laptop? Is it your only computer? Could you try a speedtest ( www.speedtest.net ) and post your ping and speed result?

The fact that we can now add problems with your laptop to the list, leads me to believe it's a connection issue and your Bitloading has me thinking it's outside your house. You can go ahead and replace the modem/gateway when the new one arrives, but I'm thinking you're gonna need an outside tech. Unfortunately, you will have to get an inside tech there first, who will then put in the ticket for the outside tech.

I would go ahead and set up an appointment, if the new modem/gateway solves the problem, you can call back and cancel. If not, then your already in the schedule for the service call.

neon_sign.jpg

scochran3820 wrote:

Thanks for your help.

S

How old is your laptop? Is it your only computer? Could you try a speedtest ( www.speedtest.net ) and post your ping and speed result?

The fact that we can now add problems with your laptop to the list, leads me to believe it's a connection issue and your Bitloading has me thinking it's outside your house. You can go ahead and replace the modem/gateway when the new one arrives, but I'm thinking you're gonna need an outside tech. Unfortunately, you will have to get an inside tech there first, who will then put in the ticket for the outside tech.

I would go ahead and set up an appointment, if the new modem/gateway solves the problem, you can call back and cancel. If not, then your already in the schedule for the service call.

neon_sign.jpg

19 of 21 (9,826 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2012 8:04:17 AM
(0)
Tutor

Here are the results from the speed test. I switched laptops to a newer one.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2370164241.png

I will call and schedule an appointment. Thanks

20 of 21 (9,819 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2012 10:05:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

scochran3820 wrote:

That actually looks pretty good. I take it you have 12 Mbps package? Does your "old" laptop do as well?

neon_sign.jpg

scochran3820 wrote:

That actually looks pretty good. I take it you have 12 Mbps package? Does your "old" laptop do as well?

neon_sign.jpg

21 of 21 (9,810 Views)