Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 4, 2013
1:28:42 PM
View profile
Email log in issue
Edited by Phil-101 on Feb 4, 2013 at 8:58:02 PM

Hello, I used to have SBC with SBC ID ***@sbcglobal.net, and I linked my Yahoo ID ***@yahoo.com to this SBC ID. 

I tried to change my Yahoo password last week believing my account was hacked (kept sending spam emails to my contacts).

I selected change password from the Yahoo password link, and it took me to AT&T website.  After entering some information, it said it would send an email to my account with a new temporary password. However, it logged me off my Yahoo account at the same time, and I cannot log back on with my current password to retrieve the new temporary password.  I tried other old passwords but still cannot get in; now it said my account is locked.  Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hien Ly

[edited for privacy]

Hello, I used to have SBC with SBC ID ***@sbcglobal.net, and I linked my Yahoo ID ***@yahoo.com to this SBC ID. 

I tried to change my Yahoo password last week believing my account was hacked (kept sending spam emails to my contacts).

I selected change password from the Yahoo password link, and it took me to AT&T website.  After entering some information, it said it would send an email to my account with a new temporary password. However, it logged me off my Yahoo account at the same time, and I cannot log back on with my current password to retrieve the new temporary password.  I tried other old passwords but still cannot get in; now it said my account is locked.  Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Hien Ly

[edited for privacy]

Email log in issue

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2013 7:48:44 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hello, 

I'm sorry that you are having an issue logging into your email. Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hello, 

I'm sorry that you are having an issue logging into your email. Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Email log in issue

2 of 5 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 12:29:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you, Jam.

hcemc

Thank you, Jam.

hcemc

3 of 5 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 11:19:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

I had a similar situation.  Old sbc master account was hacked.  Called tech support to delete and was assured an att.net account was master account and no problem keeping subaccount e-mail I've been using for 5 years.  Not true.  I didn't know this until the following day, when I tried to access my e-mail.  I was directed to establish a yahoo account.  When I called tech support again about new yahoo account, I was told past and future e-mails would be forwarded from the sbc subaccount to yahoo account.  Not true. My previous e-mails were transferred (thank goodness) but not my contacts or any new messages.  They're gone.   I do most of my banking, shopping, paying bills on-line, so all of these businesses that try to communicate with me get an error message, which means I can't change my profile e-mail address on their sites, so I have to call each one, wait for 20 minutes on hold, to resolve.  It will take me weeks to get this all resolved.   It's impossible to get anything in writing, and the very helpful and polite people on the att tech support lines can say and do anything, make unresolvable mistakes, and there is no accountability.   If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  At any rate it's  cathartic to air my frustrations.  Thanks for "listening."

I had a similar situation.  Old sbc master account was hacked.  Called tech support to delete and was assured an att.net account was master account and no problem keeping subaccount e-mail I've been using for 5 years.  Not true.  I didn't know this until the following day, when I tried to access my e-mail.  I was directed to establish a yahoo account.  When I called tech support again about new yahoo account, I was told past and future e-mails would be forwarded from the sbc subaccount to yahoo account.  Not true. My previous e-mails were transferred (thank goodness) but not my contacts or any new messages.  They're gone.   I do most of my banking, shopping, paying bills on-line, so all of these businesses that try to communicate with me get an error message, which means I can't change my profile e-mail address on their sites, so I have to call each one, wait for 20 minutes on hold, to resolve.  It will take me weeks to get this all resolved.   It's impossible to get anything in writing, and the very helpful and polite people on the att tech support lines can say and do anything, make unresolvable mistakes, and there is no accountability.   If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.  At any rate it's  cathartic to air my frustrations.  Thanks for "listening."

Deleted sbcglobal account

4 of 5 (1,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 1:41:53 PM
(0)
Contributor

I did get a call from the support, and she walked me through the password reset process.  She was very polite and patient. 

Thank you, AT&T

hcemc

I did get a call from the support, and she walked me through the password reset process.  She was very polite and patient. 

Thank you, AT&T

hcemc

5 of 5 (1,021 Views)