Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
srwhittenberger's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 24th, 2012 7:40 AM

sim card not provisioned

It has been over a month since I added minutes. My phone says emergency call only, sim not provisioned, MM#2

Visit SIM Card Error for additional information.

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

12 years ago

Has it worked over the last month. Maybe it's deactivated?

Mentor

• 

41 Messages

12 years ago

See if this page helps you should be able to login to your account from here if it's still active. My guess is your SIM isn't provisioned because the account isn't active. {edited - see below link for updated page}

Moderator Update:

Common SIM Card Errors usually mean:

• The device failed to register on the network.
  • Service is not provisioned or was deactivated.
  • There is no SIM card in the device or the device is unable to detect the SIM card.
  • You may be outside the AT&T coverage area into another carrier coverage area where we have no active roaming agreement.

Note: you can still make emergency voice calls (e.g., 911) as long as the device shows available network signal strength. 

Visit our updated SIM Card Error link for additional information.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

This happened to us the day after an AT&T person called to ask us to take a survey and in return we would receive a $40 credit on our bill. We were asked for our PIN for our AT&T account and we stupidly provided it and also stupidly verified our address. The number they called from was 800 331 0500 which according to the SIM Card Error link above is ATT Technical Support! After experiencing the "SIM card not provisioned" and "Emergency Calls Only" errors on our phone, we made a call to AT&T customer service and we were turned over to the Fraud Department who said the caller was not from AT&T and that our phone number had been transferred to another phone and our phone number was then used by this person to make International calls. They supposedly accomplished this by calling in, using our PIN and address and requested to switch the phone number to another line. Now we have to go to an AT&T store to get a new SIM card and tell our story yet again to the person at the AT&T store and wait to have it verified by AT&T's Fraud Department. I'm hoping AT&T is not going to try to charge us for this or try to sell us another phone! Also, we have to contact AT&T when the bill comes in to have the International calls we did not make credited to our account. Supposedly they cannot remove those charges right now. Makes no sense to me. AT&T knows that International calls were made by they can't remove those charges right now????

When I asked the AT&T fraud department how we could have known this call to us was fraudulent, AT&T stated that they will not request any of our information IF THEY CALL US. However, IF WE CALL AT&T, we do need to provide the PIN. We did not know this difference but we do now! Another thing that makes me mad is that there was no attempt by AT&T to contact us about this fraud.....we have two phone lines, why could they not call the other number on the account? Terrible.

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

8 years ago

Hello @adrian_2

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  I want to apologize for the poor customer experience you had thus far.  I will be happy to get you some help if you still need it.  Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Details of the request.

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

hello I had a new s7 edge shipped to me because my old one was broken and when I got it I put the sim card from the old phone into the new one. Now the new one wont connect to wifi and I have went to my wifi company and put in the Mac address for the new phone. It still doesn't work. Any tips on how or what I may have done wrong? was I not supposed to put the old sim card into my new phone?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Also how do I get my lock to be my fingerprint? I have went to settings and everything but thats not working either

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Nicoli36

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community. Sorry to hear about the issues with your device I will be glad to help.

Please send me a private message by click here https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3512576

Please include the following information.

Full Name:

Preferred Contact #:

Preferred Time to be contacted (include time zone):

Email Address:

Account #:

IMEI #:

Thank you,

Lisa AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I entered my SIM card in. Y iPad and received n error message "SIM card not provisioned".  I took my iPad to ATT and the tech attempted to fix the problem.  He declared everything fixed, but I still have the same error message and no connection.

is there anything else for me to try?

Community Support

• 

3.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @Nursygirl,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.I'm sorry to read you're having troubles with your device. I will be happy to help you. In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information. Please send me a private message:https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/3512576

And include the following details:
Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your business account:
Preferred Contact #:
Email address:
Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Laura G.
AT&T Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am abroad and my phone doesn't work displaying simcard not provisioned mm2 error. 

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @ece.karadag,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. We will be happy to help you. In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information. Please send me a private message: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your account:
Preferred Contact #:
Email address:
Description of Issue:

Thank you,

Laura G.
Social Media Manager

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I received a new SIM card a few weeks ago and the phone worked perfectly. Now I get an error that says, SIM is not provisioned MM2. Help please. I am in an assisted living facility and this is my only means of communication. Thank you.

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @MLGarofalo,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

·         Full Name:

·         Business Name on Account:

·         Wireless #:

·         Email address:

Thank you,

Nancy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My phone was stolen and my new one was shipped to me, I am abroad in Barcelona, Spain. I have put the new card in and at &t says they have activated it but I am unable to place or recieve calls or text messages. I need this problem fixed asap. What is the next step I should take?

Thank you

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @Mcrifasi09,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

·         Full Name:

·         Business Name on Account:

·         Wireless #:

·         Preferred Contact #:

·         Email address:

Thank you,

Nancy

Not finding what you're looking for?