Explore & discover

Helpful Links

forwarding voicemail with *004* results in "Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Highlighted
Contributor

forwarding voicemail with *004* results in "Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

On my old Android phone and plan, I used to be able to forward my AT&T voicemail to Google Voice with the MMI code *004*1234567890# (replace 1234567890 with my google voice number), now, with my new plan, the same code results in an error. "Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Searchin online for this error yeilds people having to call AT&T customer service to unlock their Voicemail Conditional Call Forwarding. I tried calling but was on hold for an hour and gave up. Is there a solution that doesn't involve trying to get a human on the line?

Message 1 of 10
Teacher

Re: forwarding voicemail with *004* results in "Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid M

Sorry, sounds like you will need  to speak to them directly.

Message 2 of 10
Contributor

Re: forwarding voicemail with *004* results in "Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid M

Yup, I had to call. They won't allow us to change conditional forwarding on our own moving forward. If you want to change your forwarding, you have to call them up and sit in a 30 minute queue every time. Great progress AT&T!

Message 3 of 10
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎08-26-2015 1:25 AM

Had the same problem and found the correct solution here:  

https://productforums.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!msg/voice/O0tm-EVufGw/awXHetefTwoJ. 

To summarize: Google has left us with faulty instructions!!! You are instructed to enter the following into your dial pad: "

*004*1xxxxxxxxxx#". The x's represent your mobile number. 

To fix this problem, simpy preface the above entry with an additional *.  So its actually: "**004*1xxxxxxxxxx#". That's it. No need to call AT&T customer service! Hope that helps others.

Message 4 of 10
Contributor

Hello how are you dear ples coounet me my email ***

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Message 5 of 10
Contributor

i am bulgaria how to acctive call forwarding i heve parblam mmi cod 

Message 6 of 10
Contributor

Call forwarding Connection Problem or
invalid MMI code. my phone ples tell me how to make

Message 7 of 10
Community Support

Hi @Tstelecom00786

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  I will be happy to get you some help.  Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Details of the issue:

Main Number to your ATT Account:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 10
Contributor

I'm doing this but I still get the error message "CALL FORWARDING connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Message 9 of 10
Administrator

Hello @ChefJoAnna,

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Forum. We're sorry to read that you are having issues, but we will be happy to help. In order to further assist, please send us a private message by clicking here and provide the following information.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Account Name:

Account Details:

Business or Residential:

Thank you,

Melissa

Social Media Manager

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 10
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support