Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Line switched to VOIP in our business, took down our roll-over lines since they chose the wrong line

Contributor

Line switched to VOIP in our business, took down our roll-over lines since they chose the wrong line

I called in and needed to add 3 lines to our business. I was talked into switching these 3 lines and one of our current copper lines to a voip (sp)? system with internet. They said we would not notice any changes on our business lines. They chose our 2nd truck line (roll-over) to convert and added the 3 new lines. Well, that took down our trunk system, the lines no longer roll. The tech that was here worked with three different departments to try to get this fixed...nothing. I was told 3 to 5 days to get it reversed, which is unacceptable as we are heating and air and its over 100 outside and now down a phone line?  The next day I was back on the phone and was told a tech would be here that day (yesterday), and it would be fixed by 5:30. The tech came, and left and we knew nothing, and the phone line is still dead. Back on the phone with them today, now its going to be 5 more days before they will come back out here. Maybe ATT has no problem with loosing 1/3 of their business, but us small businesses cannot afford this. They will not expedite. Why? This was not our fault yet we are left with a phone line that is down, and the loss of business with that? Where do I go now to get this resolved and not loose a weeks worth of customer calls? We can no longer use our phones to call out and occupy a line, then if ONE person calls in, the rest will get a busy signal. Ridiculous. HELP!

Message 1 of 3
Administrator

Re: Line switched to VOIP in our business, took down our roll-over lines since they chose the wrong line

Hello @wedothat,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information. Please send me a private message: https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/3757732

And include the following details:
Your full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Business address:

Number on your account:
Preferred time to be contacted (including time zone)
Email address:
Preferred Contact #:

Thank you,

Laura G.
AT&T Social Media Manager

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Line switched to VOIP in our business, took down our roll-over lines since they chose the wrong

What was the solution for you?  We are experiencing the exact same issue.

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Traveling abroad? Everything AT&T Business customers need to know about International travel and plans is right here. Click Here for the details.

Additional Support