Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
Excavating’87's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 11th, 2018 4:47 PM

Incoming computerized calls from scammers causing our line to lock and squeal.

For the last couple of months we have had various computerized calls from google maps/listing and other scams call our number and cause issues.  Because they are now spoofing local numbers that could be from a possible customer, we have answered the call only to have an extremely loud squeal on the line.  When we attempted to hang up, the caller will tie up our line for several minutes.  Any call that may come in for the afterwards is a struggle to hear the other person because the squeal cuts in and out.  We are losing business.  

We have tried using ATT’s lovely repair line but, needless to say, this issue is not one of their choices nor can it be detected through their check on the phone.  We’ve tried to talk to a live person.....unless we are buying, there’s no body home.

As much as we pay for a business line and we can not block incoming telemarketers, is there anyway to stop this harassment and prevent losing our customers due to a lack of protection from our phone company?

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @Excavating'87,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I'm sorry to read about the issues with the spam calls. I'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you so we can get things back on track. Please send me a private message by clicking here (https://soc.att.com/2JOpr6Q) and be sure to include the following details so I can help:

Business Name:

Account Details:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?