Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
saabolch's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Monday, February 26th, 2018 5:50 PM

AT&T Sim cannot be identified (locked?) in career free smartphone in Mexico

I have recently moved to Mexico and my company provided me with an AT&T sim which works fine with the smartphone provided, but if I's like to switch the same sim chip into my own smartphone (career-free) it's not being recognized by the phone. Please advise how to use the AT&T chip in my career-free smartphone.

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello saabolch, 

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  The device may need to be unlocked here: http://soc.att.com/2sYLq3y

If you need further help, please private message me by clicking here.

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Chris,

Sorry I don't get you. Why do I need to unlock a career-free smartphone? It recognized SIM chips in many European and Asian countries. I understand the AT&T SIM card is locked in some way. Can you please suggest?

Thanks,

Saaboch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @saabolch,

Thank you for your recent posting.  We appreciate your participation within the Business Community.  I would be happy to help.  In order for me to research your issue, I will need to verify some information.  Please send me a private message by clicking here: http://soc.att.com/2CXTOzX

And include the following details:                                                                                           

·         Full Name:

·         Business Name on Account:

·         Wireless # associated to that SIM:

·         Email address:

-        Phone type:

Thank you,

Nancy

AT&T Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Dear AT&T Social Media Manager @ charge,

Can you please provide me general information regarding whether AT&T is locking any sim card for being used in unlocked/career-free devices?

Thanks,

Saabolch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @saabolch

Where did you get the SIM Card?  It could be the ATT SIM Card is not active for you to use. Please feel free to send me a private message me by clicking here  information about the ATT SIM card you are using.  Please provide also the following information:

Contact Name:

Contact#:

Contact Email:

Account Details of the SIM:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Chris,

May I ask you to read all the history of this issue to avoid further confusions and misunderstandings?

As mentioned earlier the sim chip is working fine in the AT&T smartphone, but when I am inserting it to my career-free dual sim smartphone (which was never locked) it's not being recognized.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Saabolch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello Saabolch-

May we please get the wireless number to the dual sim smartphone? Is this a phone on your business account?

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

I see this last message is not even signed 😞

Again, the dual sim smartphone did never belong to any carrier, it was purchased directly from the manufacturer and the AT&T sim chip is not recognized in it. Can you please analyze the data provided here in the trail and advise?

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @saabolch-

Since it sounds like the AT&T sim is working correctly in the AT&T device, then it sounds like the AT&T sim is not reading correctly in the other unlocked dial sim device. In order for us to further assist you please provide us the make and model of that device so we can check to make sure it is compatible; which might be the problem.

Thank you,

Laura G.

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Laura G.,

Thanks for the question, it's a Meizu Pro6.

Thanks,

Saabolch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @saabolch

Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Wireless# to your ATT Account:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Chris,

I would prefer to wait the answer of Laura G, you may leave this trail.

Thanks,

Saabolch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello Saabolch,

Thank you for your device information. I just looked up the device, and it seems that this device is not compatible on our network. You can go here http://go.att.com/5975d090 to see what devices are compatible.

Thank you,

Laura G.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Laura,

The compatibility locator is not able to identify my phone based on the IMEI so I wonder who did you come to the conclusion it's not compatible with your network?

Let me share the Network details my phone is able to handle for your kind verification:

NETWORK

TechnologyGSM / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
2G bandsGSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
 CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
SpeedHSPA, LTE Cat6 300/50 Mbps
GPRSYes
EDGEYes

Do you see any overlap with the network details you guys have in Mexico?

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Saabolch

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hello Saabolch,

You're correct, because your model is not listed - this would explain why your are encountering these issues with the AT&T SIM not working in the Meizu Pro 6.

Thank you,

Laura G.

Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?