Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Finding the ios Private WiFI app for Business Accounts

Tutor

Finding the ios Private WiFI app for Business Accounts

We recently changed our US cell plan to a business account. AT&T texted us that there's a Private WiFi app in the ios App Store that we can use with our new plan, but we can’t find it. I've searched for about 30 minutes online and found a help article AT&T published about how to use it but they didn’t think to include links to the apps (there's an Android version too) in that article. 

Does anyone have a link to the elusive ios Private WiFi app?

Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: Finding the ios Private WiFI app for Business Accounts

@vsajewel

Never heard of it. What is it supposed to do that's special for business accounts?

• Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
  • Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Tutor

It allows you to create a Private WiFi with your phone that apparently also runs through a VPN. Here's a link to their webpage which shows how to use it...https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/smb-wireless/KM1270458?gsi=56r.
Message 3 of 7
Tutor
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by vsajewel
‎11-11-2018 9:24 AM

I finally found the Private WiFi app. It's more complicated in just about every aspect than it should be, so rather than retype all the details I'll just link to the post I just finished about it.

Find AT&T’s New Private WiFi App | Find All AT&T Links

Summary:

• The app is nearly impossible to find...I explain how to in the post.
  • It's a VPN that's really slick operationally but NOT Free it appears...but costs $2.00 per month to use.
  • This is all somewhat speculative on my part. No one from AT&T has confirmed yet despite my attempts.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by vsajewel
‎11-11-2018 2:41 PM

Re: Private Wi-Fi by AT&T Services, Inc.

@vsajewel wrote:

I finally found the Private WiFi app. It's more complicated in just about every aspect than it should be, so rather than retype all the details I'll just link to the post I just finished about it.

• The app is nearly impossible to find...I explain how to in the post.
  • It's a VPN that's really slick operationally but NOT Free it appears...but costs $2.00 per month to use.
  • This is all somewhat speculative on my part. No one from AT&T has confirmed yet despite my attempts.

Now that I've read your post, I grabbed the direct link for others: 

Private Wi-Fi by AT&T Services, Inc. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/private-wi-fi/id1399759129?mt=8

Please let us know what else you find out! And if it works well for you.

• Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
  • Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
  • Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
  • This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
  • When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
The (very) fine print - This footer is at the bottom of all my posts, its particulars may, or may not, apply to you & your post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 5 of 7
Tutor

This is awesome!  Thank you!  How/where did you find the link?

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

@vsajewel wrote:

This is awesome!  Thank you!  How/where did you find the link?

Once I found it in the app store (thanks to your blog post) I copied the link from iTunes.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Share this topic
Welcome to the Community! View New to Forums!
Announcements...

Use your exclusive business discount for 40% off select accessories. Shop now!

Additional Support