KrazyGameNerd's profile
Associated Member

Associated Member

• 

254 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2019 7:10 PM

Closed

Nintendo Switch vs. Nintendo Switch Lite

With the recent announcement of the addition to the Nintendo Switch family, the Nintendo Switch Lite, let's go over the differences that we know about:

1. The primary difference, is the size. The Switch Lite's screen is 5.5-inches, compared to the 6.2-inch screen size of the original.
    • Fear not! The smaller screen size does not mean a drop in visual quality. The Switch Lite will still boast the same 720p resolution that the original does.
  2. With the Switch Lite, the Joy Cons are integrated into the system, meaning that they cannot be removed from the body of the console.
  3. Nintendo also removed the IR Sensor and the HD Rumble features from the console, reducing size, weight, and cost.
    • This will cause issues with compatibility for games such as 1-2-Switch that utilize these features, as additional Joy Cons will need to be purchased to play these games on the Switch Lite
  4. Where the left Joy Con on the original Switch had 4 disconnected arrow buttons, the Switch Lite will feature a D-Pad, as seen below
  5. Because the Joy Con-like controls cannot be removed from the Nintendo Switch Lite, this makes the Switch Lite exclusively a handheld console, and cannot be docked to a TV.
  6. While Joy Cons come in many colors and styles, both official and 3rd party, the Switch console itself is usually one color: gray. With the Switch Lite, it will launch in 3 colors that covers the entirety of the system: yellow, turquoise, and gray.
    • This gray color seems more similar to the gray Joy Cons than the gray of the Switch console

The Nintendo Switch Lite is scheduled to release on September 20th, 2019, at $199 USD. A Pokemon Sword and Shield version of the Switch Lite, called the "Zachian & Zamazenta Edition" is slated to release on November 8, 2019, no price has been specified at this time.

Hopefully the success of the Nintendo Switch Lite will mean a potential Nintendo Switch Pro to be announced at a later time.

I will keep this post updated with any new information that I find as I find it, so stay tuned!

Feel free to discuss your pros and cons about getting this console over the standard Switch down below!

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Associated Member

• 

254 Messages

5 years ago

UPDATE:

Nintendo has announced that it is releasing a new version of the Nintendo Switch with an improved battery life, allegedly increasing the estimates from 2.5 - 6.5 hours, to 4.5 - 9 hours on a single charge.

The Nintendo Switch product page does not specify exactly how they improved the battery life, but speculation points to a new CPU and updated memory.

The new model should begin appearing in stores soon. The Verge states to be sure to check for "serial numbers starting with XKW" to make sure you're getting the model with the improvements.

What do you guys think of these updates? Would the increased battery life keep you from going to the smaller, handheld Nintendo Switch Lite? Let us know what you think below!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.