NBC in Chicago??

Highlighted
Contributor

NBC in Chicago??

Have app loaded on FireTV. Local NBC is not showing up but the DirectTV now website says it should be available. What's the story?
Message 3 of 16
Teacher

NBC not appearing in Amazon Fire TV app for DIRECTV NOW

I signed up for DIRECTV NOW earlier today. I used a Windows laptop when I signed up and after that was done, I fired up DIRECTV NOW in my Chrome browser and all was good. However, when I went to our TVs and loaded the Amazon app, NBC does not appear in the guide for live TV. I tried this on both a Fire TV and a Fire TV Stick. Same issue. Anyone else having this problem and possibly know of a fix?

Message 1 of 16
Mentor

Re: NBC not appearing in Amazon Fire TV app for DIRECTV NOW

Ongoing issue, there is 3 topics on this so far Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Tutor

Re: NBC in Chicago??

I have the same problem in northern NJ.  I have the NBC Universo (Spanish) channel but not the NBC Universal (English) channel.  ABC as well as all other channels are in English.

Message 4 of 16
Community Support

Hi @partpricer,

We posted the solution here.

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Chat Support is available 24/7. You can also reach out by Asking a question or checking out our Help Center.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 16
Mentor

Read that locals are only accessible on mobile and desktop, not AppleTV or FireTV.

Message 6 of 16
Contributor

Same issue in LA.  I get NBC on my iPad, but not on my Apple TV.  They're using the same internet connection and located in the same house Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 16
Contributor

ABC and Fox are on Fire TV.  Can't find reason why NBC is not on Fire TV, but is on the mobile app.  NBC local is on Sling (I'm switching from Sling) for Fire TV so stands to reason it should be on DirecTV Now as well.

Message 8 of 16
Contributor

I don't think this is the solution.  The issue that some people are having is that they live in the area where they are supposed to get local channels and they are not appearing.  Specifically, on the FireTV app, I get local ABC and FOX, but not local NBC.  However, on my phone I have local ABC, Fox, AND NBC.  What's the story there?

Message 9 of 16
Mentor

NBC apparently only works web-based and on phone/tablets, not on video streaming devices.  I haven't seen anyone post that they can get NBC on a streaming device, and you're one of the few that gets ABC at all.

Message 10 of 16
Teacher

You won't get NBC on your Fire TV or Apple TV.

The page linked below contains the following:

Unavailable channels
CBS & CW local channels.
NBC local channels (unavailable using streaming devices or Apple TV).
https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/210884386-Which-DIRECTV-NOW-channels-can-I-watch-

Tags (4)
Message 11 of 16
Teacher

It's ridiculous to me that they advertise all this stuff like you can get it, only to come to a forum like this to find out you really CAN'T get everything like regular cable like you thought.  Not only that, at least I can watch shows the next day on Hulu and not wait 72 hours!  The local channels are what gets me.  I got the cheaper Sling subscription which didn't include Disney and ESPN, so I thought this would be so much better, but you can't get it on your laptop even if you have Windows 10????? They should have worked all this out before launching this. ugh!

Message 12 of 16
Teacher

Yes, you can google an article on the consumerist.com that discusses it.  It sounds like NBC is only available on mobile devices but they are trying to allow it on apple tv soon?  They said it would be available at launch but that obviously didn't happen.

Message 13 of 16
ACE - Expert

Sling TV is looking better.  At least there is live network TV. 

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 14 of 16
Tutor

You can stream NBC on iPhone or iPad and airplay to Apple TV

Message 15 of 16
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Major Alert! Now you can get a FREE Roku Premiere with a 2-mo prepaid DIRECTV NOW account. Get the deets: Roku Premiere Offer.

The live TV you've been waiting for. Start streaming DIRECTV NOW today on Roku and let us know what you think. Roku Streaming and Feedback.

We will no longer be supporting the Internet Explorer browser after June. DIRECTV NOW will live exclusively on your Chrome and Safari browsers when accessed via your computer.

Additional Support