DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW login information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW login credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Chat Support is available 24/7. You can also reach out by Asking a question or checking out our Help Center.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 98
Mentor

Re: HBO, really?

@vnzjunk

No offense, it's just you, and probably a handful of others. If you've had DirecTVNow since the beginning, you should already know how HBO works. They've explained it, Cinemax, and Starz already, long ago. These three channels are add-on packages for $5 each a month. They don't affect your base package. At all. They're basically a la carte. You can add and remove them at will each month. They have nothing to do with your intro $35 package. As long as you don't cancel, you'll always have that $35 package. These three channels are all in addition to them if you pay the $5. In this case, HBO will be given free for a year, in addition to what you get for the $35 you already pay. I hope that answers everything! 

Honestly, I think it's very clear. The only issue will be after the year is over, will we need to manually cancel, or will AT&T do that for us? THat's the only thing I don't have an answer to. But for your issue, it's quite clear how it works!  I hope I was of help to you.

Message 31 of 98
Mentor

This is why I love Directv/ATT. And people on here always bashing them. That's an awesome thank you. Just in time for Game of Thrones too!! So I thought we had to add the service and then get credited, but reading post, it appears it will be added within the next 24hrs??  

Message 32 of 98
Contributor

Re: DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

Received the email for HBO free for a year but yet I don't see it on my channel list ?

Online chat seems to be way too busy  12,13,15 min waiting time 😒😏

Message 33 of 98
Mentor

I just waited and like everyone said, I was told give it 24hrs to show in your account. Patience my friends!!!

Message 34 of 98
Contributor

HBO Offer eMail

How to enable HBO offer that I received in the email

Message 35 of 98
Mentor

I smell "opt-out" time in March 2018.  Is this a "free trial"? or something else..

According to subsection 4.3 of article.. of the Terms and Conditions we might have to contact AT&T to cancel.

If Your subscription to the Service starts with a free trial, You must cancel prior to the end of the free trial, or Your subscription will automatically renew for the price in effect at the time You enrolled in the free trial.

I can see it now:

Next months bill:

+ $5.00 DirectTVNOW "No Strings Attached" Customer Loyalty HBO Credit

- $5.00 HBO Subscription [I didn't ask for]

Bill twelve months from now (since I didn't remember to call and cancel HBO I didn't sign up for)

- $5.00 HBO Subscription [Now paying for because I didn't opt out]

In any case this is ingenious.  My calendar was marked to cancel DirecTVNOW this week. 

The service is nice, it just doesn't have enough On Demand.  I just found out about a show on History Channel called "Billion Dollar Wreck".  I go to the DirecTVNOW portal, then drill down to History and then Billion Dollar Wreck.  Cool!  There it is.  I get my popcorn and am ready to binge watch.  Oops..  They have what looks like season one at first glance -- then on second look I see they are missing episodes 1, 3, and 7.  What the "heck".. Why provide episodes 2,4,6,8, and 9 only.  Perfect example of how frustrating this service is.

Message 36 of 98
Tutor

From the FAQs referenced in the email...

Important information:

We’ve added HBO programming to your account for one year.
To zero rate the charge for HBO, we added a monthly discount. You will see $0 HBO line item in your Payment History.
This discount is effective through March 7, 2018, at which time HBO and the discount will be removed from your account.
If you choose to continue HBO programming, please see Account Upgrades.
You must keep your “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” DIRECTV NOW package to keep your HBO discount.

Message 37 of 98
Contributor

cant access HBo -- says not on my plan

Uh oh, it doesn't look like HBO is currently part of your DIRECTV NOW plan.-- thats from HBOGO and i cannot access it directly from my Directv now either-- whats up?? I have been on the Go Big plan three months? How do I access HBO content-- email said it was free to me for a yr.

Message 38 of 98
Mentor

They'll take care of adding HBO to your account -- you decide what to watch and when to watch it.  Don't forget, you do have the option of using your DTVNOW credentials on the stand alone HBO GO app as well! 

Message 39 of 98
Contributor

cant sign in to HBo anywhere-- not directv now--not HBO go--Uh oh, it doesn't look like HBO is currently part of your DIRECTV NOW plan.That is what HBOgo says.Whats up?

Message 40 of 98
Mentor

Re: Free HBO for a year?

Try clicking on the link in the email you received, and then, sign out and back in. After that, you should be able to stream away! Let us know how it goes please.

Message 42 of 98
Scholar

Re: cant access HBo -- says not on my plan

They said it may take up to 24 hours for it to show up for everyone.

Message 41 of 98
Mentor

Did you prepay 1 or 3 months to get the free device?

Message 43 of 98
Mentor

LMB1999 Did you prepay 1 or 3 months for the free device? That could be why. 

What if I prepaid for HBO during the free device offer for 1 or 3 months?
No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume. 

Message 44 of 98
Mentor

If you get an email, you are eligible. 

Message 45 of 98
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

New customer or early adopter: Here’s a great perk for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Details of our Loyalty Reward!

Waiting to stream on Roku? Here’s another way to enjoy #TVFreedom on Roku with DIRECTV NOW!

Additional Support