DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

Community Support

DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

SURPRISE!

• HBO is now included for 12 months for Go Big and Gotta Have It 
  • $5 OFF for 6 months with Live a Little and Just Right

Here is our way of saying THANK YOU for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Starting today all existing customers with active DIRECTV NOW accounts prior to March 6, 2017 are eligible for a LOYALTY REWARD

Free HBO Promo Asset.jpg

Here are some FAQs you may have:

1. Who qualifies for the Loyalty Rewards?
      All existing DIRECTV NOW customers. If your account was active as of March 6, 2017 you are eligible. DIRECTV NOW accounts in a pending cancellation status as of March 6, 2017 are not eligible.

2. Will the HBO subscription and $5 off be listed in my payment history?
      Yes! You will see your HBO subscription in your Payment History as a $0 charge (Go Big & Gotta Have It) and the $5 credit applied (Live a Little & Just Right).

3. Can I use my DIRECTV NOW login information to access HBOGo?
      Yes! You can use your DIRECTV NOW login credentials to access HBOGo.

4. What if I already have HBO?
      Don’t worry if you already have an HBO subscription! For customers with Go Big and Gotta Have It the charge will automatically be credited each month during the 12-month offer. Customers with Live a Little and Just Right the $5 per month credit is applied to the account with the next six month of service! The charge for HBO will resume automatically after the promotions expire.

5. What if I prepaid for HBO during the device offer for 1 or 3 months?
      No worries! The monthly discount will be added at the end of the prepayment period. The discount will last 1 year from the end of your prepayment period. Once the discount expires the HBO charge will resume.

**NEW HBO OFFER ALERT** 3/18/2017

Starting March 18th NEW customers that sign up for service with Go Big and Gotta Have It are eligible to have HBO included at no additional cost for 12 months.

For more info, check out these FAQs:

1. If I have Live A Little or Just Right today and upgrade to Go Big or Gotta Have It, do I qualify for the HBO Offer?
    No, sorry! Existing DIRECTV NOW customers with Live a Little or Just Right packages upgrading to Go Big or Gotta Have It packages are not eligible for this offer.

2. If I previously had DIRECTV NOW and canceled service, am I eligible for the HBO offer if I restart service and select Go Big or Gotta Have It packages?

Unfortunately, no. Only new customers (have not previously had DIRECTV NOW service in the past 12 months) are eligible for the HBO offer.

3. If I subscribed to Go Big or Gotta Have It, can I request to remove HBO from my subscription?
    Yes. You may cancel HBO at any time. Once you cancel HBO you will not be eligible for the HBO offer if you decide you would like to subscribe to HBO again.

Relax and enjoy some of your favorite shows! Happy Streaming!

-DIRECTVNOWCare

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T DIRECTV NOW Community for great answers. Chat Support is available 24/7. You can also reach out by Asking a question or checking out our Help Center.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 1 of 98
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: DIRECTV NOW LOYALTY REWARD

Will those with the promo $35/month Go Big package receive this as well @DIRECTVNOWCare?

Message 2 of 98
Tutor

Will we need to do anything?

Message 3 of 98
Contributor

Does HBO automatically appear in the guide or do we need to do anything on our end to have it appear?
Message 4 of 98

Do we have to add it to get it our will you guys automatically add it. I don't see it in my channel guide and the chat option is not available to ask them.
Message 5 of 98
Mentor

Going off a reply on Twitter it sounds like eligible accounts will receive an email at some point today.

Message 6 of 98

Well, bless their pea-pickin' hearts, they've given me app logins for half of the channels I usually watch AND a free  year of HBO, just as my 3 month pre-paid subscription ended and I was ready to ditch this service. If they can give me app logins for AMC, BBC America, TNT, TBS and Lifetime they'll be giving Vue's cloud dvr a real run for my money. So, I'm in for a few more months, I guess.

Message 7 of 98
Mentor

Just got my email!

ENJOY ONE YEAR OF HBO AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.

"Yes.—you read that right! Absolutely no strings attached. No hoops to jump through.

You're getting HBO included with your existing package through March 7, 2018. You literally don't need to do a single thing other than enjoy all of HBO with unlimited access to the most entertaining movies, addictive series, family favorites and more.

Why now? Why you?

Simply put, we want to thank you for being one of our most valuable customers and coming on this unprecedented journey with us. We're dedicated to making DIRECTV NOW the best streaming entertainment product in the industry, and because of you, we're on our way. So go on, keep enjoying the huge library of the best entertainment with unlimited access to all of HBO—anytime, anywhere. Want more deets? Check out our FAQ."

Message 8 of 98
Tutor

Got my email as well. But still no clarification of how you actually get it.

Message 9 of 98
Mentor

They'll be adding it to our accounts automatically, theoretically, by end of day.

Message 10 of 98
Mentor

Chat is saying to give them 24 hours to update eveyone's account for the Free HBO.  This is actually very surprising and nice.  I do agree if they give us the app login for TNT, AMC, I'll stay a customer, was contemplating cancelling, but if the app login keeps improving, there won't be any reason to leave.  Basically I'd be happy with just those 2 but TRUTV, and GSN, who just came up with an app would be icing on the cake.

Message 11 of 98
Scholar

Confirmed, Got my email 20 minutes ago, nothing in the Guide yet

Message 12 of 98
Scholar

Got my email also. Now to see if they actually credit my account!

Message 13 of 98
Mentor

Same here. No sign of HBO anywhere. HBO does not accept my credentials either. Nice gesture if it works.

Message 14 of 98
Scholar

Got my email too. Lovely surprise! With the NBC/Universal channels added to provider login and now this, it's been a good DTVN week so far.

Now, just announce single sign on for iOS and tvOS and I'll be ecstatic!!!
Message 15 of 98
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

New customer or early adopter: Here’s a great perk for being the best part of DIRECTV NOW! Details of our Loyalty Reward!

Waiting to stream on Roku? Here’s another way to enjoy #TVFreedom on Roku with DIRECTV NOW!

Additional Support