Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 14, 2014
12:57:14 PM
View profile
voip compatibility with home security system

u verse did not advise that my security system is not compatible with uverse voip.

last week my house was broken into, but the security system could not call for the police.

Now i am advised to change the phone line to a pots line, and it will take three weeks ( although i was promised 5 days). every time i tried to expedite the order it would take 2 hours to get the the POTs people, only to be accidentally disconnected. finally i reached a supervisor named mr. rodessik who promised immediate action and compensation for my trouble, and that he would call back in 30 minutes.

call never came..... customer service?? what does that mean?

u verse did not advise that my security system is not compatible with uverse voip.

last week my house was broken into, but the security system could not call for the police.

Now i am advised to change the phone line to a pots line, and it will take three weeks ( although i was promised 5 days). every time i tried to expedite the order it would take 2 hours to get the the POTs people, only to be accidentally disconnected. finally i reached a supervisor named mr. rodessik who promised immediate action and compensation for my trouble, and that he would call back in 30 minutes.

call never came..... customer service?? what does that mean?

voip compatibility with home security system

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 14, 2014 1:51:58 PM
(0)
Employee
It is your responsibility to check with your security company before installation.
A phone transfer is normally 5 to 10 BUSINESS days so depending on when placed with weekends could take part of 3rd week.
From terms of service 5 http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

VI. Home Alarm and Other Device Compatibility

AT&T MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE USED AS A COMMUNICATIONS PATHWAY FOR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARMS, MONITORED FIRE ALARMS, AND/OR MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEMS OR DEVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR OR ALL MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM(S), MONITORED FIRE ALARM(S), OR MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEM(S) OR DEVICE(S), OR (iii) BATTERY BACKUP POWER WILL BE SUFFICIENT TO MAINTAIN THE SERVICE THROUGHOUT ANY AND/OR ALL POWER OUTAGES,

Potential Incompatibility with Monitored Fire Burglar Alarm, Monitored Fire Alarm, and Medical Monitoring Systems, and Other Devices. MONITORED FIRE ALARM AND BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEMS AND MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICES MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE.

IF YOU HAVE OR PURCHASE A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM OR A MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICE THAT YOU INTEND TO USE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE AS THE COMMUNICATIONS PATHWAY, YOU AGREE TO CONTACT YOUR PROVIDER FOR THOSE SYSTEMS/DEVICES TO DETERMINE COMPATIBILITY WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE AND TO ARRANGE FOR YOUR PROVIDER TO TEST SUCH SYSTEMS/DEVICES AFTER INSTALLATION OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN IF SUCH SYSTEMS AND DEVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MONITORING STATIONS DURING A POWER OUTAGE UNLESS YOU MAINTAIN BATTERY BACKUP POWER FOR AT&T U-VERSE VOICE AS DESCRIBED IN THESE TOS. IF YOU PURCHASE A MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM OR MONITORED FIRE ALARM SYSTEM AFTER U-VERSE VOICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED, YOU ALSO AGREE TO CALL AT&T PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF ANY SUCH SYSTEM. SUBSEQUENT INSTALLATION OF THESE SYSTEMS MAY REQUIRE RE-WIRING OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, WHICH MAY ALSO RESULT IN TIME AND MATERIAL CHARGES. (AT&T DOES NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR, OR RE-WIRING OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE IN SUPPORT OF, MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEMS OR DEVICES).

ONCE U-VERSE VOICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED FOR USE WITH A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHANGE OR MODIFY THE INSIDE WIRING OF YOUR HOME OR MOVE OR RECONFIGURE YOUR RG IN ANY WAY WITHOUT CONTACTING AT&T AND YOUR ALARM SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT PLUG ANY TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT INTO THE BACK OF THE RG. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU CHANGE OR MODIFY YOUR INSIDE WIRING, MOVE OR RECONFIGURE YOUR RG IN ANY WAY, OR PLUG ANY TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT INTO THE BACK OF THE RG IT COULD RESULT IN A FAILURE OF YOUR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM OR MONITORED FIRE ALARM SYSTEM.

BY ACCEPTING THESE TOS, YOU USE AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST AT&T FOR INTERFERENCE WITH OR DISRUPTION OF A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM, A MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICE, OR OTHER SUCH SYSTEMS OR DEVICES DUE TO THE AT&T U-VERSE VOICE
It is your responsibility to check with your security company before installation.
A phone transfer is normally 5 to 10 BUSINESS days so depending on when placed with weekends could take part of 3rd week.
From terms of service 5 http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

VI. Home Alarm and Other Device Compatibility

AT&T MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE USED AS A COMMUNICATIONS PATHWAY FOR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARMS, MONITORED FIRE ALARMS, AND/OR MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEMS OR DEVICES, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR OR ALL MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM(S), MONITORED FIRE ALARM(S), OR MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEM(S) OR DEVICE(S), OR (iii) BATTERY BACKUP POWER WILL BE SUFFICIENT TO MAINTAIN THE SERVICE THROUGHOUT ANY AND/OR ALL POWER OUTAGES,

Potential Incompatibility with Monitored Fire Burglar Alarm, Monitored Fire Alarm, and Medical Monitoring Systems, and Other Devices. MONITORED FIRE ALARM AND BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEMS AND MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICES MAY NOT BE COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE.

IF YOU HAVE OR PURCHASE A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM OR A MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICE THAT YOU INTEND TO USE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE AS THE COMMUNICATIONS PATHWAY, YOU AGREE TO CONTACT YOUR PROVIDER FOR THOSE SYSTEMS/DEVICES TO DETERMINE COMPATIBILITY WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE AND TO ARRANGE FOR YOUR PROVIDER TO TEST SUCH SYSTEMS/DEVICES AFTER INSTALLATION OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN IF SUCH SYSTEMS AND DEVICES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH MONITORING STATIONS DURING A POWER OUTAGE UNLESS YOU MAINTAIN BATTERY BACKUP POWER FOR AT&T U-VERSE VOICE AS DESCRIBED IN THESE TOS. IF YOU PURCHASE A MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM OR MONITORED FIRE ALARM SYSTEM AFTER U-VERSE VOICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED, YOU ALSO AGREE TO CALL AT&T PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OF ANY SUCH SYSTEM. SUBSEQUENT INSTALLATION OF THESE SYSTEMS MAY REQUIRE RE-WIRING OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, WHICH MAY ALSO RESULT IN TIME AND MATERIAL CHARGES. (AT&T DOES NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR, OR RE-WIRING OF AT&T U-VERSE VOICE IN SUPPORT OF, MEDICAL MONITORING SYSTEMS OR DEVICES).

ONCE U-VERSE VOICE HAS BEEN INSTALLED FOR USE WITH A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CHANGE OR MODIFY THE INSIDE WIRING OF YOUR HOME OR MOVE OR RECONFIGURE YOUR RG IN ANY WAY WITHOUT CONTACTING AT&T AND YOUR ALARM SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT PLUG ANY TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT INTO THE BACK OF THE RG. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IF YOU CHANGE OR MODIFY YOUR INSIDE WIRING, MOVE OR RECONFIGURE YOUR RG IN ANY WAY, OR PLUG ANY TELEPHONE EQUIPMENT INTO THE BACK OF THE RG IT COULD RESULT IN A FAILURE OF YOUR MONITORED BURGLAR ALARM OR MONITORED FIRE ALARM SYSTEM.

BY ACCEPTING THESE TOS, YOU USE AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST AT&T FOR INTERFERENCE WITH OR DISRUPTION OF A MONITORED FIRE ALARM OR BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM, A MEDICAL MONITORING DEVICE, OR OTHER SUCH SYSTEMS OR DEVICES DUE TO THE AT&T U-VERSE VOICE
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: voip compatibility with home security system

2 of 4 (1,431 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 16, 2014 2:17:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

Related question:  What about security systems that use phone dialers to call you when an alarm is triggered - seems to me these kinds of systems should be no different than an ordinary telephone.   Your thoughts?

Related question:  What about security systems that use phone dialers to call you when an alarm is triggered - seems to me these kinds of systems should be no different than an ordinary telephone.   Your thoughts?

3 of 4 (1,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 5:35:10 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi all,

Here's an interesting solution that enables you to be notified when an alarm is detected. If you take a look at this guide, you can see that you can receive an alert from the Central Station (the company that monitors your alarm system) when it detects an alarm in case of fire, burglar, unauthorised entry, etc. The communication can be carried out with the help of the Contact ID protocol, and the 'notification' will be transmitted through a VoIP call. Its opposite is also possible: you can send an alert to the Central Station through VoIP in case of emergency.

All the best, 

Harris

Hi all,

Here's an interesting solution that enables you to be notified when an alarm is detected. If you take a look at this guide, you can see that you can receive an alert from the Central Station (the company that monitors your alarm system) when it detects an alarm in case of fire, burglar, unauthorised entry, etc. The communication can be carried out with the help of the Contact ID protocol, and the 'notification' will be transmitted through a VoIP call. Its opposite is also possible: you can send an alert to the Central Station through VoIP in case of emergency.

All the best, 

Harris

4 of 4 (1,181 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments