For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
CWR123's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 7th, 2012 2:15 PM

two TV's being out of sync

We just got uverse and have one TV in the den and one in kitchen. These two rooms adjoin each other and you can hear both TV’s in each room.  The problem is that the picture and sound for these TV’s are not together.  There is about a one second delay on  one TV and  since  you can hear both TV’s in both rooms, it is very annoying.  The TV in the den is the DVR and the one in the  kitchen is on a wireless receiver.  Any ideas on how to sync these?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

CWR123 - You cannot synch two TVs on different STBs. I have a second TV for multitasking & see the non-synch all the time.

If you need the two on the same channel you can get an HDMI splitter & connect the two TVs to the same STB. When you want different channels switch one TV to a different input. Instead of a splitter you can use component/HDMI but you have analog/digital sound, so you may hear a delay.

http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-HDMI-1x2-Splitter-v13b.asp?ad_source=GoogleAdWords&ad_medium=PPC&ad_term=HDMI%20%2Bsplitter&ad_campaign=53983803&ad_group=2074889043&ad_network=search&ad_creative=7153161963&gclid=CKe_ir2ii6gCFUiK4AoduEbyCQ

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

12 years ago

@CWR123 wrote:

if I use an HDMI splitter will there be any loss of picture quality?  The two TV's are35 -40 feet apart

If the splitter and HDMI cables are of good quality, then no, there will be no loss.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks for the info.  What is "STB"   I had Dish in the past.  Both TV's had a receiver, but did not have a sync problem.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

CWR123 - STB is set top box (receiver) (usually used to indicate non-DVR STB)
Yes, the technology is different across cable/sat/u-verse.

Not sure if it is just different decoders or the storage on the DVR. You would think that the whole house DVR would synch the two at the hard drive. But, it does not.

A number of people have posted about this. even before whole house DVR. Perhaps at&t could look at synching the two at the hard drive.

You can connect the output of either STB to two TVs. I mentioned HDMI and component. You can also use coax if you do not need HD.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

if I use an HDMI splitter will there be any loss of picture quality?  The two TV's are35 -40 feet apart

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

CWR123 - Check out the rest of that Sewell web site. THere is a video. The splitter is active & the connect 125 ft or so.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks - that may work for us!

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

12 years ago

@CWR123 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  What is "STB"   I had Dish in the past.  Both TV's had a receiver, but did not have a sync problem.

I've had Dish and Direct and had delays in both when watching the same channel.

Scholar

• 

205 Messages

12 years ago

Sometimes, you can do a channel up and then a channel down on one of the TVs and the synch gets real close.

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

12 years ago

We have had Uverse for 2 weeks and that was the first problem we noticed.  People often watch the same show in two adjacent rooms and the TVs are never in sync which is very annoying.  Now we have to turn down the sound in one room and turn it up in the other so it can be heard in both rooms.  In my 2 weeks of having Uverse I have found more problems than I did in 20 years with Brighthouse.  If the DVRs werent so much better with Uverse I would have changed back already

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.