Ask a question

Highlighted
    Posted Jan 9, 2012
    8:55:29 AM
    tv channels

How to get  the added channel of METV to the Att programming?

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jan 9, 2012 8:56:32 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

You can make a channel request using the link below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
    Accepted Solution

tv channels

17 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (17)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Jan 9, 2012 8:56:32 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

You can make a channel request using the link below:

http://uversechannels.att.com/

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: tv channels

2 of 18 (2,392 Views)
    Solution
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 9:02:37 AM
    (0)
    Guru

ME TV is a digital subchannel broadcaster. Uverse does not support local broadcast subchannels at this time in any of their markets. Time will tell, though, as there was a bunch of hoo-hah raised recently over the continued carriage of local stations owned by Raycom, Hearst, and others by AT&T. Could be that the new agreements include access to the subchannels in their markets.

3 of 18 (2,387 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 11:15:01 AM
    (0)
    Guru

Sooner or later, if there is enough demand for a sub channel that is available in several markets, AT&T may take note of the demand and implement some changes to their policy.  Sub channels are a fairly new concept when compared to standard OTA broadcasting and long standing "cable" programing. 

4 of 18 (2,360 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 2:39:27 PM
    (0)
    Scholar

I agree with what has been said.  Subchannels are still relatively new and are probably still unknown to some.  They are not avaliable on DirecTV or DISH Network either.  In time, I think all TV providers will begin to carry them as they gain popularity and noteriety.

5 of 18 (2,320 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 6:14:47 PM
    (0)
    Guru

jbdet313 wrote:

ME TV is a digital subchannel broadcaster. Uverse does not support local broadcast subchannels at this time in any of their markets. Time will tell, though, as there was a bunch of hoo-hah raised recently over the continued carriage of local stations owned by Raycom, Hearst, and others by AT&T. Could be that the new agreements include access to the subchannels in their markets.

I am in the SE Wisconsin area, Milwaukee market, and I get Me-TV on U-verse channel 19 (for 2-3 years now).  So it must be in at least some markets, and could become more available with time as you say.  I don't know much about the contract process and I certainly don't mean to sound as if I'm correcting you with a relatively trivial point, but I did want to point out that there is at least limited availablilty.

docbombay

6 of 18 (2,297 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 6:17:49 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

docbombay wrote:

I am in the SE Wisconsin area, Milwaukee market, and I get Me-TV on U-verse channel 19 (for 2-3 years now).  So it must be in at least some markets, and could become more available with time as you say.  I don't know much about the contract process and I certainly don't mean to sound as if I'm correcting you with a relatively trivial point, but I did want to point out that there is at least limited availablilty.

docbombay

I would assume that in your market, Me-TV is not broadcast as a digital subchannel.

7 of 18 (2,297 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 6:23:32 PM
    (0)
    Guru
    Edited by docbombay on Jan 9, 2012 at 6:25:45 PM

To be honest, I don't really know--that sounds correct unless there is some regional contract allowing such a digital subchannel broadcast.  I may have misunderstood the post to which I replied, but I took it to mean that Me-TV is not available and I just wanted to point out that it is, in at least some areas.  Now that I re-read the post, I see that it does not preclude the broadcast of Me-TV in some form other than a digital subchannel--my apologies for jumping the gun. 

docbombay

[ Edited ]
    8 of 18 (2,297 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 6:38:10 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Looking at the ME-TV site - http://metvnetwork.com/wherewatch.php?marketID=3

Just about anything can be on sub channels. I think people were asking for a Universal sports network that was on various subchannels. Looks like it was there all the time disguised as Versus.

Shows OTA as 49.1

TW & Charter -19
    Dish, Direct & U-verse - 49

9 of 18 (2,296 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 6:46:25 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Expert

aviewer wrote:

Just about anything can be on sub channels. I think people were asking for a Universal sports network that was on various subchannels. Looks like it was there all the time disguised as Versus.

No, Universal Sports and Versus (now NBC Sports Network) are two separate channels.  Versus is a cable only channel owned by Comcast.  Universal Sports is partly owned by NBC Universal.  It was an OTA digital subchannel but has now made the transition to also be a cable only channel.

10 of 18 (2,295 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 9, 2012 9:09:39 PM
    (0)
    Guru

It looks like Uverse treats that ME TV in Racine/Milwaukee as a regular OTA channel, and that's actually what it was set up as. The channel used to run Jewelry/Shop at Home, and went full power when the new station owner signed up to do ME TV (they were the 3rd station to sign up with Tribune). There aren't any other digital subchannels, though, like This, Cool TV, The Country Network, or others in the local channel part of the lineup. That lineup also includes the low-power stations with America One and TBN, something that they don't do here in the Detroit area.

So it does look like the TRUE digital subchannels of the OTAs aren't carried by Uverse.

11 of 18 (2,239 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 10, 2012 12:17:32 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by dhascall on Jan 10, 2012 at 12:20:52 PM

jbdet313 wrote:

It looks like Uverse treats that ME TV in Racine/Milwaukee as a regular OTA channel, and that's actually what it was set up as. The channel used to run Jewelry/Shop at Home, and went full power when the new station owner signed up to do ME TV (they were the 3rd station to sign up with Tribune). There aren't any other digital subchannels, though, like This, Cool TV, The Country Network, or others in the local channel part of the lineup. That lineup also includes the low-power stations with America One and TBN, something that they don't do here in the Detroit area.

So it does look like the TRUE digital subchannels of the OTAs aren't carried by Uverse.

WBME is indeed a regular broadcast channel.  That is why it's on U-Verse.  AND it's not a Low Power one, either.  Half a million watts, baby!

As far as UV not carrying sub channels - I'm not sure why they are foot dragging.  A local GM (WXIN 59 / WTTV 4) offered help in getting UV hooked up with subchannels (Antenna TV and Cool TV) and never got a reply from AT&T. Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
    12 of 18 (2,205 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2012 10:17:20 AM
    (0)
    Guru

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of the sub channel programing seems to be syndicated in the same way as any other "cable" channel and not "locally" produced.  All it is, is a local broadcast station offering a "cable" channel over their broadcast system.  So, if that content ("channel") is available to the local broadcaster, there is no reason why AT&T (or any other provider) could not contract with that content provider and add the channel to their line up.  Especially when we are talking about content.channels such as "MeTV", "Antenna TV", etc. 

13 of 18 (2,171 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2012 12:15:09 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

sbriand wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a lot of the sub channel programing seems to be syndicated in the same way as any other "cable" channel and not "locally" produced.  All it is, is a local broadcast station offering a "cable" channel over their broadcast system.  So, if that content ("channel") is available to the local broadcaster, there is no reason why AT&T (or any other provider) could not contract with that content provider and add the channel to their line up.  Especially when we are talking about content.channels such as "MeTV", "Antenna TV", etc. 

Possibly but it works both ways.  There is no reason that the content provider should not contract with the TV providers to offer the channel.  In fact that is what NBC did with NBC Universal, they decided to offer it to TV providers.

Truthfully, local stations would prefer that Antenna TV, METV and so on, be kept as subchannels so they can fill the subs, sell advertising and promote their other offerings.

Still, i wish AT&T would offer the subchannels.

14 of 18 (2,154 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2012 2:41:19 PM
    (0)
    Guru

Good point on advertising dollars.  I also wonder if the broadcast stations signed those channels to "exclusive" rights in those markets, making it impossible for AT&T to carry that channel in that market, without going through the broadcast channel for carriage rights.

15 of 18 (2,143 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2012 4:27:04 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

Dish Network definitely carries METV.

16 of 18 (1,884 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Sep 8, 2012 7:34:16 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    I may be wrong, but I seem to also remember a past discussion where AT&T might be concerned with how the "must-carry" rule would be applied if they offered subchannels. It's possible that if they carried any subchannel they would be required to call ALL subchannels.

17 of 18 (1,844 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 9, 2012 8:20:08 PM
    (0)
    Voyager
    Edited by japrilbrown on Nov 9, 2012 at 8:20:49 PM

All I know is that when I first obtained UVerse in zip code 60473, a suburb of Chicago three years ago, I was unable to tune into METV and its other two channels. Sometime at the end of last year, beginning of this year, it now tells me it is not available in my area.

I am outraged because you go three miles, Uverse customers have METV.

I love my Uverse; however, this was the straw that broke the camels back. These are all time favorite channels with the classics. Have to have. 

Again, I am outraged that you provided it and then after reading this forum, I still don't understand how for 2.5 years the channels were provided now they're not. 

[ Edited ]
    18 of 18 (1,413 Views)