Need help with your equipment?
jcalisi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, January 4th, 2013 2:15 AM

new user need some help.

New to uverse and not getting the expected performance.  the install took from 9:00 am to 7:30pm to get it to work.  New house with all new wiring. I have the 18mb internet plan and not getting anywhere close.  at best 6 down and .9mb up.  I'm hoping the experts can take a look at these screenshots and offer any advice before i call tech support.  I really like the features but need more Bitloading-2013-01-03-20-12-05.pngInterfaces-2013-01-03-20-11-57.pngspeed when I work from home.

ErrorTable-2013-01-03-20-11-46.png

[removed image with unique IP and MAC address]

3 Attachments

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

11 years ago

It looks like there may be a bridge tap on your line. A bridge tap is an extra length of wire attached to your pair that doesn't terminate anywhere. It is usually left over from a previous customer that used your pair. Bridge taps cause problems with xDSL services.

You should call technical support, have them send a premises tech to your house to check the line. He should open a helper ticket with the Installation and Maintenance group (I&M), which are the linesmen, to come find and remove the bridge tap.

There is also the possibility that your line may be getting interference.  Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

SomeJoe7777 thanks for your help.  I have a tech coming out today hopefully it will be easly addressed.  I like the service and don't want to go back to comcast.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.