For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
Leonflow's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, October 7th, 2015 5:53 PM

multiple ssids

I have multiple ssids of my ssid listed as available wireless networks. I just have Uverse internet and voice using a laptop and the NVG510 gateway. The only change I have made is to turn on hide ssid. The wireless networks are listed ATT555, ATT555 2, ATT555 2 3. How can I resolve this to show just one ssid?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for all your help. I turned off hiding my ssid, then rebooted, just ATT555 was there. Then I turned on hiding my ssid. Hidden ssid displayed on wireless list. connected to the hidden ssid and after I was connected to the hidden ssid it displayed ATT555 2 3 4 connected. All I can come up with is that each time I log onto the hidden ssid the NVG510 displays (to me only I hope) that I am connected to ATT555 and follows ATT555 with the numbers indicating the number of times I have connected to the hidden, ATT555 2 the second time I connected, ATT555 2 3 for the third time etc.

I just started on u-verse and hope I didn't cause too much of a problem.

Thanks for helping.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Leonflow Those are your nieghbors systems. Your device is giving you maximum choices because it does not know which one is yours. Once you connect to yours it should saaty there & you should not have to look at the list.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for replying. I have no trouble getting on the correct one. The trouble is these are my ssids because I can log onto them and they only showed up when I hid my ssid. I'll just ignore them for now, but I'd like to delete them.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Leonflow - That sounds very strange. You have a router for each one? Sign on to each & turn it off.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

9 years ago

Those are discrete connection profiles that the Wi-Fi drivers on his PC have created.  He should probably just delete all of them and start over.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

While what you described was a bit quirky, it was obviously no problem for our resident techsperts to answer.

Do appreciate the consideration, however. Thanks.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Just an FYI. The sixth time I connected to my hidden network the connection is ATT555 2 3 4 5 6 and all the other ATT555s were automatically erased leaving only the current connection.

Thanks again for all your assistance.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.