Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 20, 2013
2:46:37 PM
View profile
mcafee Security download

I finally was able to download the mcafee, but when it was done it said it was restarting and that I should log in as an administrator.  What does that mean and why would I have to do that.  I also downloaded it on my mini laptop and that part never came up.  Thanks.

I finally was able to download the mcafee, but when it was done it said it was restarting and that I should log in as an administrator.  What does that mean and why would I have to do that.  I also downloaded it on my mini laptop and that part never came up.  Thanks.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2013 3:51:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It sounds like your log in to the computer you loaded it on is not set up as an administrator.  Is there more than one user set up on that computer?  If so get the other user to log in and set you up to have administrator privileges.

Also you might want to uninstall McAfee and run Microsoft Security Essentials.  It is not such a resource hog.  Can be downloaded free here:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

mcafee Security download

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 21, 2013 3:51:17 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

It sounds like your log in to the computer you loaded it on is not set up as an administrator.  Is there more than one user set up on that computer?  If so get the other user to log in and set you up to have administrator privileges.

Also you might want to uninstall McAfee and run Microsoft Security Essentials.  It is not such a resource hog.  Can be downloaded free here:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: mcafee Security download

2 of 3 (4,565 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2016 9:37:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

one user

one user

Re: mcafee Security download