bigbear53's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, January 15th, 2015 7:54 PM

hdmi error h1001

I have had my Visio M502i-B1 hooked up to AT&T uverse for about 2 months using a brand new HDMI cable. This week I stared getting a message hdmi error- hdcp not supported h1001. I was able to get past the message and get a picture but perioically the signal would drop and the message came back. Replacing the cable with an older shorter one helped some but the message is still displayed at startup. I have read all the suggestions about switching to component cables but wish to continue with hdmi.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

9 years ago

@bigbear53 wrote:

I have had my Visio M502i-B1 hooked up to AT&T uverse for about 2 months using a brand new HDMI cable. This week I stared getting a message hdmi error- hdcp not supported h1001. I was able to get past the message and get a picture but perioically the signal would drop and the message came back. Replacing the cable with an older shorter one helped some but the message is still displayed at startup. I have read all the suggestions about switching to component cables but wish to continue with hdmi.

You want to keep hassling w/HDMI, go ahead, but the component cable view will be no different than HDMI w/none of the HDMI hassles.

I thought that about HDMI until the HDMI view sucked because of the 1225/2250 black crush problem and never looked back after getting a good picture on component cables. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Chris,

If I go to component cables don't I also lose digital audio. I have a simple fiber optic connection to my sound bar now.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

No, The audio setting applies only to digital - optical or HDMI.

The analog audio to the TV is parallel path. Both always work. It is just the digital that has an option in case you connect to a device without a surround decoder.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.