Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 27, 2014
5:49:55 AM
View profile
censorship?????
Why were the Grammys blacked out during the Same Love number??????
Why were the Grammys blacked out during the Same Love number??????
Accepted Solution

censorship?????

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 6:03:33 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 27, 2014 at 6:11:16 AM

The entire thing? The mass wedding, Madonna...the whole thing? 

It must've been your local CBS affiliate because it wasn't blacked out where I am (Madonna, ditch the cane)

The entire thing? The mass wedding, Madonna...the whole thing? 

It must've been your local CBS affiliate because it wasn't blacked out where I am (Madonna, ditch the cane)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: censorship?????

[ Edited ]
2 of 9 (894 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 6:24:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (881 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 7:45:15 AM
(0)
Observer
Yes, the whole thing, it went black just before it started and didn't come back on until the commercial afterward was on. It wasn't the CBS affiliate because my neighbors with Bright House saw it.
And I know I can watch it on YouTube, that's not the point. I don't want my cable provider deciding what's inappropriate.
Yes, the whole thing, it went black just before it started and didn't come back on until the commercial afterward was on. It wasn't the CBS affiliate because my neighbors with Bright House saw it.
And I know I can watch it on YouTube, that's not the point. I don't want my cable provider deciding what's inappropriate.

4 of 9 (849 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 8:09:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Jan 27, 2014 at 9:25:01 AM

bettyhagan - If you lost picture, it may have been an HDMI failure. Did you have sound?? If so, the STB did not see the copyright protection key from the TV and shut down the video.

If it happens again. Change channels to see if it is the whole feed or just the channel.

bettyhagan - If you lost picture, it may have been an HDMI failure. Did you have sound?? If so, the STB did not see the copyright protection key from the TV and shut down the video.

If it happens again. Change channels to see if it is the whole feed or just the channel.

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (837 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 27, 2014 8:15:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 27, 2014 at 8:18:19 AM

bettyhagan wrote:

If you have Uverse TV service, your "cable provider" didn't do it because I saw it on MY Uverse feed...uncensored.

And you're welcome. 

bettyhagan wrote:

If you have Uverse TV service, your "cable provider" didn't do it because I saw it on MY Uverse feed...uncensored.

And you're welcome. 

[ Edited ]
6 of 9 (834 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 10:50:21 AM
(0)
Observer
Other Uverse subscribers in my area experienced the same thing. AT&T has contacted me and said it was not intentional. Just seemed very odd that was the only thing blacked out, no sound either and no other channels were affected. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it seems an odd coincidence.
Other Uverse subscribers in my area experienced the same thing. AT&T has contacted me and said it was not intentional. Just seemed very odd that was the only thing blacked out, no sound either and no other channels were affected. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it seems an odd coincidence.

7 of 9 (810 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 3:14:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

bettyhagan wrote:

Must have been some issue in your local area.  I also saw it here in Dallas.  I doubt that AT&T singled out your market to censor the peformance.

bettyhagan wrote:

Must have been some issue in your local area.  I also saw it here in Dallas.  I doubt that AT&T singled out your market to censor the peformance.

8 of 9 (759 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 10:00:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
It's possible that local weather might have fouled up some piece of equipment...Next time you see something funky, the best thing to do is to change the channel. If it happens on more than one channel, it's either with AT&T or at your premises. If it happens just on the one channel, it's something AT&T has no control over as that would be a problem specific to that channel.
It's possible that local weather might have fouled up some piece of equipment...Next time you see something funky, the best thing to do is to change the channel. If it happens on more than one channel, it's either with AT&T or at your premises. If it happens just on the one channel, it's something AT&T has no control over as that would be a problem specific to that channel.

9 of 9 (651 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments