Posted May 28, 2014
12:01:57 PM
View profile
caller ID giving my name and phone # on TV

When phone rang looked at TV - it was my name and phone # - for the heck of it picked

up phone and it was one of those "ROBO" calls - anyone else get this - so far this is the

only one!!!!

When phone rang looked at TV - it was my name and phone # - for the heck of it picked

up phone and it was one of those "ROBO" calls - anyone else get this - so far this is the

only one!!!!

caller ID giving my name and phone # on TV

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2014 2:31:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It's a feature of your Uverse.  You can dial calls from the myAT&T Account site, and also from your TV via the list of numbers that called you. 

Here is a description of how it works: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401002&cv=803

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

It's a feature of your Uverse.  You can dial calls from the myAT&T Account site, and also from your TV via the list of numbers that called you. 

Here is a description of how it works: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401002&cv=803

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: caller ID giving my name and phone # on TV

2 of 8 (368 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 12:25:38 PM
(0)
Scholar

Thanks for the reply - but I did not call from phone or internet - I watching TV and the phone rang and it displayed my name and phone # and when answered it was a "ROBO" call as I mentioned -

Thanks for the reply - but I did not call from phone or internet - I watching TV and the phone rang and it displayed my name and phone # and when answered it was a "ROBO" call as I mentioned -

3 of 8 (294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2014 1:15:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What did the robo say?  If it was your name and number the feature I listed above is all it could be.  When you use the feature it is a robo that calls you.

What did the robo say?  If it was your name and number the feature I listed above is all it could be.  When you use the feature it is a robo that calls you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 8 (286 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 10:09:25 AM
(0)
Scholar
The call was from ADT selling home security systems - as I mentioned I was not on the phone and have never used the internet system to call anyone - This very strange!!!!
The call was from ADT selling home security systems - as I mentioned I was not on the phone and have never used the internet system to call anyone - This very strange!!!!

5 of 8 (244 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 10:14:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
My initial reaction to your OP was that it is a new way to get our attention.

We know they can manipulate the caller ID & they know who they are calling. Put the two together & they get you curious. At least for one call.
My initial reaction to your OP was that it is a new way to get our attention.

We know they can manipulate the caller ID & they know who they are calling. Put the two together & they get you curious. At least for one call.

6 of 8 (242 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 30, 2014 10:47:50 AM
(0)
Scholar
You are probably correct - and not had another call like that!!!!
You are probably correct - and not had another call like that!!!!

7 of 8 (238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 3:51:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I ran across this in todays Hartford Courant - "Today I came across a new twist on the robocall from 'Rachel at Cardholder Services' scam that I thought you might find interesting. They usually spoof the Caller ID to make it harder to report them, but today I received a call where they spoofed the Caller ID to my own phone number — the phone number of their target. I hung up as soon as I heard 'Rachel's' recorded voice, but I thought it might be worth mentioning to your readers."
I ran across this in todays Hartford Courant - "Today I came across a new twist on the robocall from 'Rachel at Cardholder Services' scam that I thought you might find interesting. They usually spoof the Caller ID to make it harder to report them, but today I received a call where they spoofed the Caller ID to my own phone number — the phone number of their target. I hung up as soon as I heard 'Rachel's' recorded voice, but I thought it might be worth mentioning to your readers."

8 of 8 (159 Views)