ginnpr's profile

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 7:01 PM

caller ID giving my name and phone # on TV

When phone rang looked at TV - it was my name and phone # - for the heck of it picked

up phone and it was one of those "ROBO" calls - anyone else get this - so far this is the

only one!!!!

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

It's a feature of your Uverse.  You can dial calls from the myAT&T Account site, and also from your TV via the list of numbers that called you. 

Here is a description of how it works: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401002&cv=803

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for the reply - but I did not call from phone or internet - I watching TV and the phone rang and it displayed my name and phone # and when answered it was a "ROBO" call as I mentioned -

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

What did the robo say?  If it was your name and number the feature I listed above is all it could be.  When you use the feature it is a robo that calls you.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

The call was from ADT selling home security systems - as I mentioned I was not on the phone and have never used the internet system to call anyone - This very strange!!!!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

My initial reaction to your OP was that it is a new way to get our attention.

We know they can manipulate the caller ID & they know who they are calling. Put the two together & they get you curious. At least for one call.

Scholar

• 

148 Messages

10 years ago

You are probably correct - and not had another call like that!!!!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

I ran across this in todays Hartford Courant - "Today I came across a new twist on the robocall from 'Rachel at Cardholder Services' scam that I thought you might find interesting. They usually spoof the Caller ID to make it harder to report them, but today I received a call where they spoofed the Caller ID to my own phone number — the phone number of their target. I hung up as soon as I heard 'Rachel's' recorded voice, but I thought it might be worth mentioning to your readers."
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.