For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
dhascall's profile

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

Tuesday, December 31st, 2013 1:47 AM

beIN Sports Package Change? Free Preview or ???

While flipping through the sports channels, I noticed that I now get beIN sports on 662/1662, 663/1663 and 664/1664 (no 3D TV in dhascall's household Smiley Happy).  I have U300 + HD PT but no Sports Pak.  Did they change packages, is this a free preview or what?

I'm decidedly not a soccer fan but "The Locker-Room" show that had the bit showing the goalie that kicked off into the wind and it sailed back into his own goal, was too funny.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Okay, solved: It is part of a Free HD Preview, 12/30 to 1/5.  It includes more than just the HD Premium Tier.  It used to only include channels that you subscribed to but hey, I'll take it!  Thank to jeremy1069fm for directing me to scope it out, via channel 400.

NOTE: This preview does not include HBO, Cinemax and Lifetime RW HD (1364), unless you already subscribe to U-450 but no HD.  Confusing.

Official Solution

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@codycooper864 wrote:
Well if you want it, just add the Sports Pack. It's not that expensive. Just a mere extra 10 bucks a month I think? That won't break too many people.

$120/year is a fairly big expense.  Yeah it does work out to only a few cents a day but when my bill (even with promo's) is already at the max, every dollar counts.

I was just pointing out what I found (re: beIN Sports was viewable where it wasn't before).

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I guess we'll know soon.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Must be a Sports Pack preview as I have a bunch more that I don't usually get, such as CBS Sports and Outdoor Channel. Sadly,  I bet it'll be gone in a few days. 

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

Well if you want it, just add the Sports Pack. It's not that expensive. Just a mere extra 10 bucks a month I think? That won't break too many people.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

It must be an odd preview. It doesn't include PAC12 channels or Buzzer Beater. Too bad AT&T never announces these things. If they did, they might actually get more viewers to tune in, which could mean more $$$.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.7K Messages

10 years ago

I also canceled my HD Premium on Sunday, following the conclusion of RedZone. I noticed last night that I still get the channels. I remember a similar free preview last year. I didn't know of the preview, called in, thought I was still paying for it, and got credit as if the cancel order didn't go through.

Scholar

• 

125 Messages

10 years ago

There's a free preview of the HD Premium Pack (the one with the sports networks, Palladia, Funimation, Havoc, etc) from 12-30 until 1-5

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@jeremy1069fm wrote:

There's a free preview of the HD Premium Pack (actually HD Premium Tier is the correct package name) the one with the sports networks, Palladia, Funimation, Havoc, etc) from 12-30 until 1-5

It must be more of a preview than that, as I already get the HD Premium Tier.  1662, 1664, 1643 are not part of that nor is 662, 663, 643 and so on.  BUT, I never recall seeing notice of that, anywhere.  Once again, they turn something on and we get an "I forgot to send out the news release." Smiley Sad

Scholar

• 

197 Messages

10 years ago

Is Lifetime RW HD available? I get U-450 plus the HD Premium Tier but I only get an SD version of that channel on 364. 1364 does not show up in my guide.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.