For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
mark-68's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Monday, May 9th, 2011 2:34 PM

Wireless password will not work as RG password?

I'm trying to change some settings on Uverse RG, but can not seem to log in.  I tried the wireless password on side/bottom of RG and it did not work.  I did a factory reset and was still unable to sign in using wireless password on RG unit.  Does the RG have a different password?

Master

• 

4.2K Messages

13 years ago

@mark-68 wrote:

No "System Password" listed.  Just installed a week ago, maybe they no longer put password on?  None of the other numbers on unit worked as password.  I will have to call Tech support.

I really hope they just let a sticker slip and this is not a new thing as it will make helping people more difficult or spur the purchase

of third party routers.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

13 years ago

I have a similar problem, except on my RG a system password is listed but its not the correct one, the info on the sticker doesn't match any of the info on the RG's setup page, including the s/n someone stuck wrong sticker on the RG.

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

13 years ago

@mark-68 wrote:

I'm trying to change some settings on Uverse RG, but can not seem to log in.  I tried the wireless password on side/bottom of RG and it did not work.  I did a factory reset and was still unable to sign in using wireless password on RG unit.  Does the RG have a different password?

Do you by chance have an INID install? Is your RG a small white one (which is actually NOT your RG, but a modem, your RG on an INID is the unit hanging inside of the large grey box they installed on your house)? If so, the system password you are looking for is on the cover on the front of  your IPSU (Inside power supply unit) which is a white box that has a 3 prong plug for electrical and a cat5 feeding into the side of it. It is about 10x10 square and about 4 inches deep- should have 2 LED indicator lights on the front.  You will find your system password on the front cover.

If you have a regular 3801, 3600, or 3800 RG and you are missing the system password on sticker-call for a tech visit-you need a new RG, as there is no way to recover the sys pass without it being on the sticker.

And yes, we have recently run into several "refurbs" in the field that had missing sys pass and wifi keys from the sticker. There is no fix except an attentive installer/repair tech that catches this when unboxing the unit.

HTH,

Ana

Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

13 years ago

@mark-68 wrote:

Called tech support and they helped me out.  Sticker with System Password is on the front of the Battery Back up pack.

I'm a new install just a week ago, my RG is about the size of a typical wireless router, probably a little bigger.

As he said in the last post, that unit is not actually the RG.  That is the i38HG, which is just an extension unit that brings out 4 Ethernet interfaces and the wireless access point.

The actual RG is on the side of your house, it's the iNID (i3812V) unit where the phone wires terminate.

That's why the password wasn't available to you ... it's not on the i38HG, but instead on the battery pack.

We forget sometimes about this because most people have one of the standard RGs (3600HGV, 3800HGV-B, 3801HGV) instead of the iNID setup.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.