For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help with your equipment?
apfpilot's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, September 24th, 2013 6:43 PM

Wireless Speed Issues

After a poor experience this morning trying to get Uverse Power set up at my house I decided to just continue to roll with the max turbo for now.  The issue that I am having is that when I am wired to the RGW I can get 24Mbps no problem all day long.  However when I connect wirelessly even if I am right next to the box the max I ever get is in the 11Mbps range (all speeds are dl speeds)  I've tried changing channels and verified that the power is cranked to the max and that 8002.11b/g are enabled.  Any other suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

I would download inSSIDer here.  Run the program and see where your getting the most congestions and move your wireless channel to the least congested area. 

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

Ya know I have the same issue.  Everyone likes to suggest the channels are congested and sure...it makes sense. Although...I have tried all the channels and use iStumbler and a different app.  Still my wifi will never maintain at least 75% of what I pay for.  I would suggest getting a third party router for wifi.  Besides that, if you call the tech support some of the vendors will help you and some of them will flat out tell you they don't care about wifi. 

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Switching the wireless channel works for about 95% of the people having issues including myself and I would suppose the OP since he marked it accepted.  Your theory that a third party WiFi device is needed is baseless.  Some have terrible speeds still after moving channels and find the actual WiFi signal is low so they add an extender and the problem is solved.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.