Posted Apr 4, 2013
3:43:36 PM
Will my phone display show if I have any voice mails?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 25, 2013 1:11:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
AMM123 - Landline - POTS or U-verse

POTS uses Unified messaging - dial *98 - I programmed my VM button to dial it. You can also turn off the need to enter pin & select - just jump into the messages.

Looks like U-verse is the same - at least the *98 part.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2013 5:22:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
motorcycleradio -
Cell calls on cell phone?
or
U-voice calls on home phone?
or
Pots call on home phone
or
U-voice calls on cell phone?
or
POTS calls on cell phone?

The answer is yes it can!
motorcycleradio -
Cell calls on cell phone?
or
U-voice calls on home phone?
or
Pots call on home phone
or
U-voice calls on cell phone?
or
POTS calls on cell phone?

The answer is yes it can!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Will my phone display show if I have any voice mails?

2 of 8 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2013 3:04:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

motorcycleradio wrote:

If you are refering to the VOIP service, no.  If you have a voice mail message waiting you will hear a stutter tone when you pick up your phone receiver.  That would be a good idea though.

motorcycleradio wrote:

If you are refering to the VOIP service, no.  If you have a voice mail message waiting you will hear a stutter tone when you pick up your phone receiver.  That would be a good idea though.

3 of 8 (1,087 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 8:21:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Oddly, my phones (the ones that are working, anyway) did show a little envelope when I had a voice mail today. They happen to be AT&T phones that I bought about 6 years ago.

So the answer is "maybe." Try calling home with your mobile, leave a voice mail and see what shows up on your phone.

Oddly, my phones (the ones that are working, anyway) did show a little envelope when I had a voice mail today. They happen to be AT&T phones that I bought about 6 years ago.

So the answer is "maybe." Try calling home with your mobile, leave a voice mail and see what shows up on your phone.

4 of 8 (1,061 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2013 5:46:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Apparently the RG generates the FSK signal that tells certain phones to turn on their MWI (Message Waiting Indicator).  Who'd have thunk it?!

Bet Magic Jack won't do that.

Apparently the RG generates the FSK signal that tells certain phones to turn on their MWI (Message Waiting Indicator).  Who'd have thunk it?!

Bet Magic Jack won't do that.

5 of 8 (1,031 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 1:03:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

RCSMG

Is there a shortcut to retrieve vmails from landline?  In my old service, I dialled *99 after i heard the stutter.  W att I need to dial my own number and press * ?

thanks

RCSMG

Is there a shortcut to retrieve vmails from landline?  In my old service, I dialled *99 after i heard the stutter.  W att I need to dial my own number and press * ?

thanks

6 of 8 (898 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 25, 2013 1:11:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

POTS uses Unified messaging - dial *98 - I programmed my VM button to dial it. You can also turn off the need to enter pin & select - just jump into the messages.

7 of 8 (892 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2013 7:47:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

thank you!  it is UVerse

thank you!  it is UVerse

8 of 8 (869 Views)