Melkin71's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, March 23rd, 2013 1:32 AM

Why doesnt Uverse offer the NHL Network when it carries NFL NBA AND MLB?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@wb8cki wrote:
If they're so aware of it, and so many people are complaining, how many people does it take before we get some movement from these people considering negotiations? It seems that if they really wanted to offer a service to their customers, they would try to go back to the negotiating table! If not, why not make it a premium option?

AT&T is looking to pay so much money and NHL network is looking to make so much money.  AT&T pays per the subscriber that gets the network times the per-subscriber fee.  AT&T thus wants it on the highest possible tier so the number of subs is lower.  NHL Network wants it on the lowest possible tier so that the they get the highest number of subs.  So they go back and forth about which tier and how much per subscriber.  Then you have to throw in streaming rights for PC's, Phones, Tablets, in Network, out of network, authenticated users, etc.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I was an early adopter seven or so years ago. Unfortunately I moved to an area that doesn’t have access to U-Verse. That has all changed today U-verse is now available in my neighborhood! So I rushed to see what U-verse's channel lineups look like.

Well, what even more unfortunate is that U-verse DOES NOT CARRY the NHL Network. That non-starter for me! Stupid, Stupid Stupid!

Well, I guess I be sticking to Direct TV.   

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I fail to understand how the negotiators for 30 other providers such Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Dish, Quest Broadband, Time Warner and Verizon could all negotiate decent deals for their customers yet AT&T. Perhaps AT&T needs to hire the negotiators from one of these other companies. I suppose I should cross Direct TV off this list since AT&T plans on buying it.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

or buying a video service with no channels

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@at3edme1 wrote:

I fail to understand how the negotiators for 30 other providers such Cablevision, Charter, Comcast, Cox, Direct TV, Dish, Quest Broadband, Time Warner and Verizon could all negotiate decent deals for their customers yet AT&T. Perhaps AT&T needs to hire the negotiators from one of these other companies. I suppose I should cross Direct TV off this list since AT&T plans on buying it.

But it takes two to dance, right?  I was not at the negotiations but (playing Devil's advocate) what if the NHL negotiator simply didn't want to play ball with AT&T?  Just saying.  CBS is in the same boat, with Video on Demand.  CBS only offers their shows via VoD where CBS owns the local station - and that is in just 14 of AT&T's almost 140 markets.  CBS will not budge!  

I can't say whether we will get NHL or not but I bet that they are trying.   Channels want carriers to pay more and carriers want to pay less - and so it goes, it is a two way street.  Good luck.

ACE - Professor

• 

7.6K Messages

10 years ago

@dambro wrote:

I was an early adopter seven or so years ago. Unfortunately I moved to an area that doesn’t have access to U-Verse. That has all changed today U-verse is now available in my neighborhood! So I rushed to see what U-verse's channel lineups look like.

Well, what even more unfortunate is that U-verse DOES NOT CARRY the NHL Network. That non-starter for me! Stupid, Stupid Stupid!

Well, I guess I be sticking to Direct TV.   

After the merger goes through and the channel lineups are finalized, AT&T *could* get NHL Network off DirecTV's lineup, or the NHL could pull the channel from DirecTV, based off AT&T's lineup.

We simply do not know. There is a LOT to be figured out by "the suits" before everything is even begun to be finalized.

Scholar

• 

113 Messages

7 years ago

It's back......and now the question no longer needs to be asked.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

The only problem with it being back is that it requires U450 package. I love the NHL but I'm not about to pay $40 more each month for just one channel. (I understand that i would be getting more than just one channel, but those other channels do nothing for me).

ATT, please consider making NHL Network a la carte or as part of a sports package.

Scholar

• 

375 Messages

7 years ago

It looks like u verse won the battle after all, part of the reason for no nhl network  for 5 years , was that nhl network wanted to be carried on the u-300 tier like mlb and nba networks, but had to settle for the U-450 tier. Seems kind of silly it took nhl network 5 years to get a deal they could have had in oct. 2011. Being a hockey fan,I am thrilled by he deal as the nhl networks games are blacked out nationally, and I could not watch them on game center!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

When i found out NHL Network was on U-Verse, it was not on my U300 plan. I am pretty sure it is only on U450 or Sports Package. It should be like NFL Network: On U200 package. However there is no NHL Center Ice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.